Where have so many members gone

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Where have so many members gone

Post by skirtyscot »

Indeed, Richard. Your "Hello and :welcome: " posts are greatly missed.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

RichardA wrote:[...] there is only so much you can write about a skirt.
There is that problem. However, a good deal of drift is not just allowed but encouraged -- just as conversations are in physical cafes -- which can focus on all manner of things, some interesting and some not so -- again paralleling the physical world.

In any event, I finally got moving on having a long skirt and a pair of palazzo pants set to length and hemmed and should have them next Saturday. Both are of a very fluid satin material, the skirt is a very luxurious purple and the palazzos are a brilliant crimson,
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

skirtyscot wrote:Why do you think most men are scared of it, Dick? Is it what they say or what they do?
Some it is what they say. Some it is body language.
skirtyscot wrote:And what exactly do you think they are scared of? Your confidence in breaking the law that men don't wear skirts? That you might be gay and might chat them up? That men's skirts might catch on and their friends might start wearing them?
I am intrigued!

I think to some degree it is all of the above. I think alot of it is that a lot of men really like pigeon holes and I don't fit into any of their preconceived holes. I am sure that there are other things that we have not thought of. Also the fact that their Wives and girl friends are all over me may have something to do with it. And keep in mind that I am a 69 year old over weight bald guy. By no means a sex symbol. and most of these woman are 40 somethings some younger some older.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

skirtyscot wrote:Indeed, Richard. Your "Hello and :welcome: " posts are greatly missed.
It's nice to be missed - thank you :D
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Dick Ackerman wrote: Also the fact that their Wives and girl friends are all over me may have something to do with it.
:D :D :D
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, it's good that people are at least browsing... sometimes I wondered if I was running people off! :lol:

It's true that there is only so much you can say for skirts. I do enjoy the general banter, and of course supporting newcomers who are trying to get through those first hurtles. It seems every month or so there is someone new that is trying to find their way. Often times they come, post a little, and leave. I'm not sure if they just loose interest, their wife kills them, or what. But then again... sometimes they stick around too!

But yeah, I don't really have a lot of online venues where I contribute content. This site, flickr, and as of now I have finally learned how to operate my pinterest account. I've been up all evening "pinning" things. But that's about it. I got burned out with facebook, and I really don't actively post on other forums like I used to.

Though wearing skirts on the weekends has become second nature to me, I'm happy to continue posting my looks in the "Moon's Phases" thread to encourage those who are still looking for the strength to get out there. I also like to play up (and maybe exaggerate a little) the "redneck" ways of my area to also help show others that... it's okay to wear what you want. People will mostly leave you alone. The thread gets moderate feedback from the regulars. I assume others look at it too. As always, thread drift is okay as I am somewhat chatty! :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

I had not really thought about the fact that some of the names mentioned that have disappeared have in fact not posted in quite a while. One in particular that seemed to be posting regularly and was in fact a good advocate I think left because he was very political and was posting a lot of stuff about his particular viewpoint. While it was tolerated and some good points were passed back and forth, when it really started looking that he was getting nowhere with converting all of us to his viewpoint and he was getting increasingly belligerent that his was the only viewpoint that was right and a lot of others started pushing back he left because he couldn't take the heat so to speak. It has been said that there are two topics that should be discussed in public, those being religion and politics, because they often lead to violent confrontations.

So far our moderators have openly stopped threads on religion that were degenerating to near violence and have also openly warned about political discussions that were headed that way. Thankfully we have avoided openly violent name calling as a result. I am grateful that here we can have a place where religion and politics are shoved aside and we can talk as people talking to other people about a common interest, that is skirts and skirting, and thus enjoy each others company. Just remember that that is really what this site is all about, wearing skirts whether in private or in public, and enjoying them. Everything else we can agree to disagree on but let's keep those things out rather than create a situation that can keep us from talking to each other. Where we share common interests lets talk about those and just not get into the areas that can cause discord and disharmony.

At least that's my view on the subject anyway.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Still here, still checking the site at least weekly. Still skirting as much as I ever had. I just ran out of things to say about skirts and have no interest in many of the other more diverse topics which seem to get most posts at the moment.

I have also had to admit that with not having the boat in the water, skirts and motorcycles do not mix, so most skirting at the moment is at home, very boring!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I was kind of wondering the same thing that Dissafected.citizen voiced.

I am glad to see so many already have replyed.
I hope more continue to "come up for air"
KEEP posting and most importantly KEEP SKIRTING / KILTING !

As a fairly new member of Skirt cafe. It is important to me to see activity.
Super support group :)

Part time skirter for 20 years, Skirt Cafe member for 13 months, kilt wearer for 6 months.
And loving it all !!!!

Mishawakaskirt
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi - I m still here too.

Not logged in for a while as I have been on holiday (S Korea and Tokyo) and since them been busy.
Still wearing skirts though (though still without MOH) whenever I can. Got my black faux-leather miniskirt and blue tights on at the moment in the house as she is out. I had on the same tights and my khaki cargo skirt to the local foodstore (Tesco) this morning.

As has been noted above, there are only so many things you can say about men in skirts without sounding like a record.

I did see one fellow in the sub-terranean walkways attached aound the Tokyo subway who I am convinced was wearing a knee-length denim skirt over denim trousers. I took a pic so when I get round to downloading them to the laptop, I will post it on the website.

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Good golly can't a bloke just take some time off from the madding pants race ?

Really just off a two week cruise of the New England Quebec Canada fall foliage.
Was nice to get away from the electronic media and have someone else provide
the essentials of food and beverage.

However it is now back to what I commented the madding pants race - - -
I did wear nothing but kilts and kilted skirts the entire time I was away and still
now that I am back home - one of my more longer stints !
Lots of interesting conversations about kilts in general although two older ladies
commented "TOO SHORT!" (my 16 inch SportKilt mini kilts) the younger type
made for a real interesting topic of discussion.
Cooler temps now in the air will have to plan alternatives to bare legs - tights;
longer knee high sox etc.

AND YES you can wear kilts on a cruise ship and with a tad bit longer length pass
for formal dinning room wear - most cruise lines do not permit shorts in their formal
main dinning room - but kilts YES !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

r.m.anderson wrote:AND YES you can wear kilts on a cruise ship and with a tad bit longer length pass
for formal dinning room wear - most cruise lines do not permit shorts in their formal
main dinning room - but kilts YES !
Titanic comes to mind... :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I'm still around and contributing occasionally.

Question. A local secondary school ( and I mean a five to ten minute walk down the road ) has just been revamped with a new headmistress, teachers and uprated status. Now it just happens that the headmistress is Scottish. There is a new uniform and for the girls there is an optional kilt skirt which is gorgeous. It's silver and red and I WANT ONE. My quandary is about actually wearing one locally as it is definitely associated with a school so should I try and get one? If I wear it locally it will be associated with girls clothes. What do you think.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Sinned wrote:I'm still around and contributing occasionally.

Question. A local secondary school ( and I mean a five to ten minute walk down the road ) has just been revamped with a new headmistress, teachers and uprated status. Now it just happens that the headmistress is Scottish. There is a new uniform and for the girls there is an optional kilt skirt which is gorgeous. It's silver and red and I WANT ONE. My quandary is about actually wearing one locally as it is definitely associated with a school so should I try and get one? If I wear it locally it will be associated with girls clothes. What do you think.
I would definitely advise against wearing the girls' school uniform kilt locally. You might well risk being accused of being a stalker or pervert.
Obtain the kilt by all means but save wearing it for when you are a significant distance away, e.g. on holiday, and no-one who sees you is likely to make the association with the school.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I second what Stevie D said...

It's okay to push boundaries generally, but people tend to get funny where children are involved...
-Andrea