Where have so many members gone

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Where have so many members gone

Post by Fred in Skirts »

mugman wrote:Tom - (My PM might not have reached you on the railway scene. It just kept on staring at me despite clicking on everything going.) Yes, it's been full steam ahead this year. :D Pete

Hi Pete,
I see from the last two messages you are a railroad buff and have a Garden RR. I too enjoy the past time of chasing and photographing trains and building models. I am in the US and I see you are in the UK. In my younger days I also worked with the club I belonged to as train crew for excursions. PM me with details of your Garden RR.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Hi Fred, greetings to another railway fan!

My interests go back about sixty years, and the venture into a larger scale of working (16mm:1ft scale) for the past thirty years. Describing it would be quicker if I just suggest a visit to www.mrjigstones.weebly.com which has a lot of photos of my efforts past and present, some videos etc. Oddly enough there are two others in the music club I belong to who also have railway modelling interests, both indoors and out. Could be something in the water :?

There's a narrow gauge railway close at hand - The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway - which is a favourite haunt, though the track length is unfortunately still short of being a worthwhile journey. My current steam loco is a copy of 'Lew' (named after a local river, along with 'Taw', 'Exe' and 'Lyn' - a new build replica by the Ffestiniog Railway in Wales is called 'Lyd') and is one which served on that line from 1898 up until 1935 when it closed and was lifted. Relaying the entire route again will be a challenge for many years to come.

Anyway, if you want to get in touch again by email, please do...there's a contact link - swap notes maybe.

Pete.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

mugman wrote:Hi Fred, greetings to another railway fan!
My interests go back about sixty years, and the venture into a larger scale of working (16mm:1ft scale) for the past thirty years. Describing it would be quicker if I just suggest a visit to http://www.mrjigstones.weebly.com which has a lot of photos of my efforts past and present, some videos etc. Oddly enough there are two others in the music club I belong to who also have railway modelling interests, both indoors and out. Could be something in the water :? There's a narrow gauge railway close at hand - The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway - which is a favourite haunt, though the track length is unfortunately still short of being a worthwhile journey. My current steam loco is a copy of 'Lew' (named after a local river, along with 'Taw', 'Exe' and 'Lyn' - a new build replica by the Ffestiniog Railway in Wales is called 'Lyd') and is one which served on that line from 1898 up until 1935 when it closed and was lifted. Relaying the entire route again will be a challenge for many years to come. Anyway, if you want to get in touch again by email, please do...there's a contact link - swap notes maybe. Pete.
I have been into trains since I was four or five years old that puts it about 69 to 70 years now. Since the old bones are now easily broken and the joints are very stiff, I no-longer am able to do an out side railroad but have a 1/29 scale layout on the back porch that is 48 inches off the floor. I am familiar with the Lynton and Barnstaple RWY. As they were documented on one of our public TV stations a few years ago. I do all of my railroading now in a skirt and have not had any problems when out shooting photos and videos.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
wsherman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by wsherman »

Hi all!
In line I'm still here!
I pop in every once in a while and read the post, but don't post much myself.
I to though I have wondered once in a while or everybody else.
I promise I'll try to China and will bit more often.
Take care!
Bill

"Trousers are a western absurdity!" Arthur C. Clark
"In a logical world men would ride sidesaddle." The Late Paul Harvey

I.D.I.C. "Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination" Vulcan philosophy from Star Trek TOS
kidme

Post by kidme »

Hi. Still wearing, still reading quietly.
Orca

Post by Orca »

Hi

I don't post that much..
still skirting when possible..
Swim Well, Brother!
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

I'm still around,I check in and read but just have not been posting much,
and yes I still wear skirts and kaftans
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hi Ron, it's good to hear from you again.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Orca

Post by Orca »

Hi,

just skirting on like usual..

Looks I've doubleposted.. my apologies..
Swim Well, Brother!
mikel

Post by mikel »

Hi All
I still check in now and then to gander at the fashions. Lately(the last year) the fashions that are being displayed by members are much to flamboyant for me. I get most of my fashion tips for skirt color coordination from my wife. She has finally come around to accept my skirt wearing. Also no kickback from community or friends.
I don't have anything to add to the cafe since skirting is no big deal! Looking forward to warmer weather for hiking in the White Mountains. In a skirt of course!
Mike
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

I'm still here. I'm an old timer from the Tom Manuel era.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Fred In Skirts said
I am familiar with the Lynton and Barnstaple RWY. As they were documented on one of our public TV stations a few years ago.
I was at the Woody Bay station on the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway on Sunday. The station is quite high up, close to Exmoor, and wet and windy at the best of times. Close to the sea the cliffs further along are the highest in England. Most of the few passengers at this time of year stay in the gift shop rather than hang around on the platform.

Pete
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Hi Pete,
Looks like good fun even in the cold weather. I just wish I could afford to travel to the British Isles to do some train spotting and riding. :D

Fred
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Just shouting out to Dillon, I was thinking it's been a good while since we've heard from him....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:Just shouting out to Dillon, I was thinking it's been a good while since we've heard from him....
He hasn't been here since Feb 18 of this year. :( I wonder what has happened to him?