Where have so many members gone

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
happykilt

Re: Where have so many members gone

Post by happykilt »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:If every member would think up an interesting topic there would be more responses and would stimulate activity. I like finding interesting threads.
Well, what's the point? Even if someone writes an interesting topic, the conversation turns to something totally different after some half a dozen posts. Keeps me from reading more than the first posts... or until getting to the first "off topic" one. Usually also have no interest in contributing anything on the forum because of this lack of organization....

Just my two Eurocents hoping this dying forum will get a new life...

If this is what you like to have, then continue as is. You will have a forum for a diminishing number of little by little dying members
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Whey, happykilt your login name is such a misnomer. Why do you bother visiting this site then? You don't seem to have a very high opinion of what is discussed here. I have been a member of this site for a year or four and I have seen quite a few new members who have become regular contributors and I have enjoyed what they have to say. And I have seen contributions from members that haven't posted a while and don;t post very often but obviously still visit us. I have followed and participated in many threads that have taught me a lot and given me encouragement in my chosen venture. There are many erudite and learned members here and I would rather interact with them than follow anything you have to add.

Just as any normal conversation in real-time deviates from its starting topic so do the ones here only separated by longer time periods. The convolutions lead to some interesting insights which you will miss. Oh well, your choice I suppose.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Alas, Happykilt, I am sorry you feel motivated to describe this Forum as 'dying'. Perhaps most of the discussions don't fire you with the desire to row in and give your opinion.
I notice that in nigh-on three years you have chalked up just 30 posts, whereas Sinned has nearly 2000 posts to his credit. It's actually people like him who post frequently that keep the Forum viable and alive.

Tom.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thank you Tom, but there are plenty of others who are fairly recent converts and regular contributors - Dave, oldsalt, Moon to name just three. And I have noticed that there are members who joined a long time ago who chirp in every now and again. Maybe one of the administrators could provide some data in this area although there is some in the Control Panel.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

You mentioned Moon. Where is he? I haven't seen a post by him for a while now.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I'm with this forum from august 2013, when I made my first steps in a skirt in the woods. When you start, there is an ocean of unread messages. I started with the more recent ones and worked my way down. It is interesting but also very time consuming. Then I found Dutch forums and with one I became very active with one of them. This forum more or less disappeared behind the horizon. That active forum blew up a few months ago and I turned more to this forum. And again an ocean of unread messages. Learned from my earlier experience, I marked all messages as "Read" and went on from there. You always can go back to old messages if you want.
Now I'm more active in wearing skirts in the open, I feel more to write and I also can keep up with the flow of new messages every day.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gordon wrote:You mentioned Moon. Where is he? I haven't seen a post by him for a while now.
He changed his profile details to something different and subsequently went dark. I view that as too bad as he very frequently had fun stories and anecdotes -- and a totally individual sense of style. I think the more of us that develop workable senses of style the better, and if they're notably individual that's all the better!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

crfriend wrote:
Gordon wrote:You mentioned Moon. Where is he? I haven't seen a post by him for a while now.
He changed his profile details to something different and subsequently went dark. I view that as too bad as he very frequently had fun stories and anecdotes -- and a totally individual sense of style. I think the more of us that develop workable senses of style the better, and if they're notably individual that's all the better!
That is a shame, but better to hear that than think they could have all died in a terrible car accident.
I will miss his posts and seeing that great little avatar.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

Yes, seconded. I will miss Moon's postings - sometimes 'off the wall', but at the end usually came down to something remarkably workable.
mikel

Post by mikel »

When I started on the skirt cafe, many of the wise contributors helped me overcome my insecurities in going public and also how to deal with the "push back" from MOH. It's been about 5 years and I am now in a comfortable place in my relationship with my wife and also the new community in which I now live. I no longer have questions about how to answer "Why I'm wearing a skirt" or feel embarrassed when in public. I know there are places I go where I would not wear a skirt not only to make my wife comfortable but where I would not call attention to myself, ie a ceremony where the focus should be on the event or the people. My wife is also ok with the skirts however she would still prefer I wear a kilt.
I haven't contributed to the Cafe recently since any advice I could offer a newcomer has been always been answered in courteous and professional manner by longtime skirt contributors. I would like to describe my outdoor adventures ie biking, hiking here in NH but I haven't had any luck finding members who share my interests. So I browse every now and then looking for casual skirting outfits. Sorry that I haven't got any more to add about skirts. "Its only a garment that both legs fit into the same hole"
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

crfriend wrote:
MoonShadow is still active on Flickr - his album list is here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/moonshado ... 7825789366
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Stevie D wrote:[MoonShadow is still active on Flickr - his album list is here:
That's good news. He may have been receiving some stick at work for his unorthodox apparel and decided to bail over that. I'm glad that he's still kicking about.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

crfriend wrote:
That's good news. He may have been receiving some stick at work for his unorthodox apparel and decided to bail over that. I'm glad that he's still kicking about.
MoonShadow has been active here too;
http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 9&start=90
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Ron wrote:
crfriend wrote:
MoonShadow has been active here too;
http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 9&start=90
I still see his name on Pinterest now and then....
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

We're still around guys! Moon and I just celebrated our 14 year Wedding Anniversary May 16th. We've also been house hunting as well. Also Amber Graduated May 19th. Just busy and as Carl said Moon got locked out of the forums when changing login details.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."