Seen on a bumper-sticker

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Seen on a bumper-sticker

Post by crfriend »

For those who are unaware of what a "bumper-sticker" is, it's a paste-on piece of paper (or plastic) with a sometimes pithy, sometimes sarcastic, and sometimes spiritual message emblazoned thereon and which is affixed by adhesive to the bumper, or occasionally other parts of, an automobile in the USA. 'Round "election" times in these here parts, they usually get pretty bleak.

Until this morning. I spied one on the arse end of a Jeep this morning stating, "Nixon. Now more than ever!" This kind of summed things up. What sort of world has it become where Richard Milhous Nixon can be regarded as a breath of fresh air? It must be the lure of simpler days where conspiracy was necessary to make dastardly deeds happen and where -- once in a while -- it was thought that preserving the dignity of two opposing sides was important.

Sadder still is that none of the cast of characters I'd like to see in the office are available for duty. Feh.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Seen on a bumper-sticker

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

C'mon Carl, we all know that truth about the "good old days" is that they never were.

If The Donald behaves the way he did tonight in the next 2 debates he'll never be President. Especially if Hilary spends more time telling us why she wants to be and should be President.

Everyone who actually knows her insists she's a 100% better person than she appears to be. Look up the history on her graduation speech at Wellesley.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I liked the sticker that said "I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around."
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Not to mention the one that said, "What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about?"
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

Just saw a blue Trump sign that had letters obscured by blue marker so that it said: "RUMP / MAKE AMERICA EAT IN!"
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

StI, that's good for a laugh regardless of what side of the spectrum you fall on - unless you're a miserable sort with no sense of humour one would be well advised to stay far away from.
Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:Everyone who actually knows her insists [Hillary]'s a 100% better person than she appears to be.
But when it comes to a choice for office, the question (where it has an answer) rests on the voting record and official actions. If that record exists then the rest means nothing.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

skirtingtheissue wrote:Just saw a blue Trump sign that had letters obscured by blue marker so that it said: "RUMP / MAKE AMERICA EAT IN!"
Back in 2004, Washington state had a congressman by the name of Norm Dicks. Well, I won't say what the sign said, but, if you move the "s" from the last name to the first name, you'll get what a yard sign just outside of Shelton, Washington said. Lots of laughter was heard when a friend of mine and I drove past it in my car.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I've seen a few yard signs that suggest the ultimate solution for our election nightmare...they took Trump-Pence signs and blacked out everything except RUM.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

dillon wrote:I've seen a few yard signs that suggest the ultimate solution for our election nightmare...they took Trump-Pence signs and blacked out everything except RUM.
I'd vote fordrink to that!