Looking for a job Carl?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Looking for a job Carl?

Post by moonshadow »

Also... side note. I've got to be the most uneducated member on this site...

The whole equation looks Greek to me! :)

*jumps back down in the ditch with his shovel*.... :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

From the Wiki page Stevie posted:

01876 — Lochmaddy, Outer Hebrides, Uist (US6) – – Was originally 0047 (OH) until changed to 0876 in 1968

Moonshadow, don't be too hard on yourself. The original is barely legible to illegible, and my transcription uses ascii conventions that you would never see in a textbook. On top of that, as Carl noted, it isn't a proper piece of arithmetic to work with, but a couple separate parts.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Tor wrote:Moonshadow, don't be too hard on yourself. The original is barely legible to illegible, and my transcription uses ascii conventions that you would never see in a textbook. On top of that, as Carl noted, it isn't a proper piece of arithmetic to work with, but a couple separate parts.
Oh I know... I'm just carrying on...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Oh wow. That phone number list is one of the most impressive bits of nerdiness I have ever seen! Must have been written by a complete anorak. I wonder if he memorised the whole list? Fantastic icebreaker at parties, I don't think.
"Oh you're from Hull, are you? Let's see, your phone number must be 01368 something or other, but until 1954 it would have been 0456 but they changed it because ..."
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote:Oh wow. That phone number list is one of the most impressive bits of nerdiness I have ever seen! Must have been written by a complete anorak. I wonder if he memorised the whole list? Fantastic icebreaker at parties, I don't think.
Don't discount nerdiness; you never know where it will spring up and what the results will be. Recall the story about how I met my ex so many years ago; it makes telephone-exchange knowledge look simple. I spent over two decades of that relationship wonderfully happy -- and all of it because of one nerdy question and an ever nerdier response.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!