Political Humor ?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Re: Political Humor ?

Post by skirtedMarine »

bobmoore wrote:Christianity has not changed in the least. Neither has man's spiritual blindness. Christians, the real ones, know that their kingdom is not on this earth. They also know who it is who rules--for now--on earth. Christ did not come to establish an earthly kingdom, though there are a lot of misguided people who seem to think that is what Christianity wants.

Dillon, you used the word "eisegesis", and I'm glad you did. The word means "to read into (scripture) ones own presuppositions to support a personal agenda". That is exactly what the secular church does, and it is what many natural men do as well. Legitimate interpretation requires exegesis, which draws out what is actually there without regard for anything else. The scripture has things to say about those who make assertions about things of which they are ignorant. No one arrives at a knowledge of the truth by human means, hence spiritual ignorance is rampant, and secular churches create whatever doctrines suit their desires.
Well said Bob ! Alot of well meaning indoctrinated morons cant grasp the simplicity. I see Carl chimed in... ( Sorry Carl, I like this guy, He has Honor!)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Political Humor ?

Post by dillon »

skirtedMarine wrote:
bobmoore wrote:Christianity has not changed in the least. Neither has man's spiritual blindness. Christians, the real ones, know that their kingdom is not on this earth. They also know who it is who rules--for now--on earth. Christ did not come to establish an earthly kingdom, though there are a lot of misguided people who seem to think that is what Christianity wants.

Dillon, you used the word "eisegesis", and I'm glad you did. The word means "to read into (scripture) ones own presuppositions to support a personal agenda". That is exactly what the secular church does, and it is what many natural men do as well. Legitimate interpretation requires exegesis, which draws out what is actually there without regard for anything else. The scripture has things to say about those who make assertions about things of which they are ignorant. No one arrives at a knowledge of the truth by human means, hence spiritual ignorance is rampant, and secular churches create whatever doctrines suit their desires.
Well said Bob ! Alot of well meaning indoctrinated morons cant grasp the simplicity. I see Carl chimed in... ( Sorry Carl, I like this guy, He has Honor!)
Thats par for the course. if you cannot argue in rational terms, hide in the Scriptures.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...