Moon Shadow's skirt wearing song

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Moon Shadow's skirt wearing song

Post by moonshadow »

Put this on your mp3 player and skirt all over the place!

An excellent song for our cause....

https://youtu.be/PQHPYelqr0E

And the video was pretty funny too, I laughed out loud (LOL'ed) a few times!

I ain't gonna wear the clothes that you like, I'm fine and dandy with the me inside, one look in the mirror and I'm tickled pink, I don't give a hoot about what you think!

No I don't care...

I don't care....

I don't care I don't care I don't care I don't caaaaaaarrreee!

:kiltdance: :flower:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Moon Shadow's skirt wearing song

Post by moonshadow »

Here's another one...

Is it any wonder I grew up to be weird, parents leaving me to watch these music videos unattended?? :wink: :lol:

https://youtu.be/g_qZ5B-yioU

Heh.... the 90's....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

One of my many rock out songs
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V9AbeALNVkk
The original

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IAD5Qz1ZLjE
The parody

Thought I had seen it all.

Imho some of the best parody s in the world are by weird AL.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw I'm white and nerdy.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Love TS dee does a lot of charity events with our local rock station WBAB
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

https://youtu.be/eq7ur3uDBDY

Another good one... I don't care what you're doing, if this doesn't make you want to get your ass up and conquer the world...

...nothing will...

Recommend on headphones when traversing skirted in hostile areas! Or just blasting at intersections!
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:I don't care what you're doing, if this doesn't make you want to get your ass up and conquer the world...

...nothing will...
You never struck me as a classical/instrumental sort of guy, and I stand happily corrected. Welcome to a very wide and absolutely glorious world!

I was initially reminded of the soundtrack to Gettysburg, but this is a very different piece indeed. Great find! It does leave me with a feeling of wistfulness and even longing, though.

Here's a few for you: Vangelis: Conquest of Paradse, John Williams: Summon the Heroes, and for sheer raw power, also John Williams: The Imperial March (which was to have been the processional for the wedding between my late ex- and I had that happened).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:You never struck me as a classical/instrumental sort of guy, and I stand happily corrected
Oh yes... While I do enjoy many of the popular hits and other fun songs, instrumental music, done right, stirs the soul like no other.

Excellent links, I enjoyed them.

Have a listen to this one:

https://youtu.be/kAmD2usV8pg

A favorite of mine that often gets about 10 back to back plays. I find as I listen, my eyes close and I'm not sure where the music takes me, but I often get somewhat choked up for some reason while listening...
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Here's three more, and if these don't get your emotions engaged and feet in motion then rigour mortis has likely set in already. All three by Ottorino Respeghi:

Ancient Airs and Dances Suite I (with one of my favourite conductors fronting my "home-town" orchestra)
Ditto, Suite II (this is the lively one -- dance like no-one is watching!)
Ditto, Suite III

Don't be fooled: Respeghi is quite modern and bridged the end of the 19th Century and into the 20th. He's interpreting pieces from ancient times here. He's not so modern as Aaron Copland, whose music I also adore, especially "Ballet for Martha" (which was the working title for what would become Appalachian Spring (and a big shout-out to the young woman who turned me on to that piece in the mid 1970s!), but who may be known more for his work Fanfare for the Common Man which was masterfully re-done by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer -- and which Copland not only lived to hear but also endorse.

It looks like YouTube has finally made itself useless by virtue of the simple density of adverts in the stream. Yet another medium ruined by shysters and hucksters. Damn.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Here ya go Carl, one for you now...

This came over my Pandora today... I am going to cue it up right now and let those along the Kingsport strip (Stone drive) enjoy it with me!

https://youtu.be/guRSl3n5nOc

What a magickal piece!
-Andrea
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Loved it! Especially the Kristen Stewart mode butch chick. Nice to have a feel of how you self-associate. Maybe someday I’ll have the balls to do the same.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Here ya go Carl, one for you now...
Bravissimo!

I watched it a day or so ago at work and really didn't have the time to appreciate it properly. That was rectified a few moments ago with proper attention being paid (no doors slamming, random conversation in the vicinity, and people directly behind me) using old-school hi-fi headphones. Bocelli's voice is captivating and Brightman has the pipes of an angel -- the making of magic. I know the interplay is for the camera, but what a "magickal" piece. Thanks for that.

What was interesting, though, wasn't necessarily the performance, but the candid shots toward the end of the video -- note the prevalence of long hair on the guys. What a joy to see into a world where most men have close-cropped hair or are skinheads.

To Dillon's remark, I haven't a clue who Kristen Stewart is (perhaps I need to get out more), but if butch is the name of the game I'm gone.

Definitely, if I was told I needed to learn another language tomorrow it'd be Italian.

And, just for good measure, here's back at ya. If that doesn't make the hair on your arms stand up likely nothing will. This cut isn't as good as the one I listened to whilst hurtling westbound on I-290 this afternoon (which literally gave me goose-flesh) but will do in a pinch. This one is also pretty good but for me is contaminated with sad memories. Finally, and don't listen to this unless you're adventurous as it's by far and away the most overtly violent piece of music I've ever heard.