CD or TV?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Re: CD or TV?

Post by Jack Williams »

I think I'm a confused individual. I love the dresses not only because of the unbridled comfort but also how they swing and twirl as I float along in them. There is definitely something sensual about how they caress the bod.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Jack Williams wrote:I think I'm a confused individual.
Welcome to Real Life.
I love the dresses not only because of the unbridled comfort but also how they swing and twirl as I float along in them. There is definitely something sensual about how they caress the bod.
To deny one's self little pleasures like this borders on the insane, for sometimes the only thing that keeps us going are the little things. That one like the way his clothes feel and finds that it confers some sense of peace or joy is good stuff.

I know there's a contingent out there who would actively deny folks such things; to them I say, "Get a life."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Jack Williams wrote:I think I'm a confused individual. I love the dresses not only because of the unbridled comfort but also how they swing and twirl as I float along in them. There is definitely something sensual about how they caress the bod.
The stated psychological categories are inadequate. We must consider the possibility that some individuals are actually DC.

(Dazed and Confused)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

CD or TV? I suppose the question is whether one only desires aural stimulation or whether one desires both aural and visual stimulation. :twisted:
Grok wrote:We must consider the possibility that some individuals are actually DC. (Dazed and Confused)
Indeed we might also consider "Attention Challenged" (AC); therefore we might actually have some "AC/DC personalities".
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

What is confusing? While growing up, having an interest in trying unbifurcated garments - the unstated assumption being that boys cannot be interested in such things. (One thing that was never actually explained was why unbifurcated garments are unacceptable for males). So one comes to believe that there is something peculiar about oneself. But the few labels offered by society don't quite fit. I became interested in kilting, which is not CD, TV, TG, or XYZ. While looking at kilting web sites, I came across the concepts of MUGs and mugsmen.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:What is confusing? While growing up, having an interest in trying unbifurcated garments - the unstated assumption being that boys cannot be interested in such things. (One thing that was never actually explained was why unbifurcated garments are unacceptable for males).
That's the wonderful thing with so many of these assumptions that we're raised with and that never get rationally questioned and critically examined. Parents reinforce this by simply fobbing the idea off as, "That's just the way it is." Well, maybe that is the way it is, but simply repeating that doesn't ever call into question why it is. I rather suspect that once prodded with the question of why, rational thinkers will accept that guys wearing only trousers are merely a product of inertia, and what amounts to, in a way, superstition.
So one comes to believe that there is something peculiar about oneself.
This is true only if one has innate doubts about one's self; if one knows how to use his mind, and can make a cogent argument why the status quo is faulty or blind to possibilities, doors open all over the place. However, one does need to be very secure in himself -- and be able to rationally defend his choices -- for that to work.

Sometimes rational cogent argument doesn't work -- and sometimes it doesn't work even with intelligent people who should know better. In this case I refer to my late father, whom I mentioned the idea of skirt-wearing to in the mid 1980s -- and he almost violently recoilled from the idea. Not wanting to make a big stink about it, I let the idea drop. Until a couple of decades had intervened, but never let on to him that I'd adopted skirts as part of everyday wear. He went to his grave not knowing; at least I didn't put any extra stress on him while he was still alive.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Just Remember girls don't wear pants, or get tattoos, and boys don't wear skirts or earnings.
Husbands go to work to provide for their families while the wife's stay home and care for the family.

Things change the above statements are no longer true, society continues to evolve.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

CD and TV mean the same thing. One is in English, one in Latin. People at times have tried to assign differing meanings to the two terms, but I don't really buy it.

I've found that in gender stuff, people tend to re-define terms to their liking all the time. Sometimes it can become hard to know what people are really trying to say.
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ethelthefrog »

Bob2 wrote:CD and TV mean the same thing. One is in English, one in Latin.
Good point well made.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Ahah!! Of course!