Afghan Heroes Ride Of Respect- Mothers Day 2011

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Afghan Heroes Ride Of Respect- Mothers Day 2011

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi,
I have just signed up for the above for next years event. I went on the original ride in March of this year ( Mothers Day ) and was a good biking day out.
Over £100,000 was raised for the fund on the day, so a great result.

http://shop.afghanheroes.org.uk/ror2011.asp

Greg
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Afghan Heroes Ride Of Respect- Mothers Day 2011

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi,
I was wondering if the USA did this type of thing. I know there is a vast difference in distance to and fro the event(s). We never hear news of American soldiers being repatriated.
Regards,
Greg
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

That looks like it ought to be fun as well as a cause worth supporting; if only I still had a bike... [wistful sigh]

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

We should have something like that in the US of A. I'm not sure, maybe we do (I tend to live in an ivory tower) but I do know there are groups that are fighting hard to help people realize it's wrong to react to returning veterans in the same "cold-shouldered" way (to put it mildly) as they did the Vietnam veterans.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

We have Veteran's Day and lots of other American Holidays that have veterans in vehicles in parades and they are all treated with immense respect for their service to our country.

It's a common thing in America to have someone identify him/herself as a veteran of one war or another and everyone within earshot immediately THANKS THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY. It's also like that in various sites online. I remember way back in the 50's men in lounges or bars would line up the free beers or other drinks for my Dad who served in the US Air Force as a Bomber pilot for 2 years with no injuries bombing over the European theater of World War 2. He had 2 bombers shot out from under him, but still got through it unscathed. :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/