The New Fix.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

The New Fix.

Post by Since1982 »

Since the New Fix of the programming, a few things are vastly different, and not all are better. Case in point: Previously, when one went into the "View Active Topics", did whatever he/she was going to do, ie: check recent posts etc. and checked a post, and was finished with that post, one could go backwards and backwards until reaching the "view active topics' thread and look at the next thing on the list. That's changed. NOW, after checking a sub-topic, one most start alllll over again by re-opening the "view active topics" thread. Previously, one only had to backup, backup, backup and one was there. Not now. Why the change?? :?:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The New Fix.

Post by Big and Bashful »

Skip,
My technique for browsing new posts has always been:

CTRL+click on each post. Each post opens up in a new tab without you leaving the "new posts" page. You click every one on the page then just click on each tab to see the posts, closing each one if you want once you have read it. Now I use Opera it is slightly different, I click with the centre button/roller thing to do exactly the same.
Using this technique I haven't noticed the forum change at all.

B & B
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I'm using Firefox and haven't noticed that kind of a change.
Really, no change at all. Must have been all 'behind the scene'
stuff.

Oh - - I can right-click on a link, then several 'choices' pop-up.
I then select "Open in new tab". Poof :!: a new tab opens with
the new info in it. I've done this with 6 different weather radars
and moved between them all with ease :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

In point of fact, nothing has changed since we went to phpBB 3.0 a couple of years ago. The time I tried updating the thing a few weeks ago I had to back out because the database wasn't updating correctly.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!