Walk a Mile In Her Shoes

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Walk a Mile In Her Shoes

Post by rick401r »

I wasn't sure where to post this but I just registered for the charity event Walk A Mile In Her Shoes the International Men's March To Stop Rape, Sexual Assault & Gender Violence.
I viewed some photos and videos of past marches and saw many men not only in high heels, but also in skirts and dresses.
I will be attending the march in Cincinnati, Ohio Oct 2 but there are events everywhere (check their calander)
Yes, they look a bit silly, but it's for a worthy cause, and it will give me a chance to parade around in a skirt and high heels.
Here's they're website for anyone interested. http://walkamileinhershoes.org/index.html
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Walk a Mile In Her Shoes

Post by JRMILLER »

Rick,
Too bad it's not "walk a mile in her skirt", I could do that! I have tried high-heel shoes and have trouble walking 100 feet. 1 mile would be pure torture!
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

JRMILLER said:I have tried high-heel shoes and have trouble walking 100 feet. 1 mile would be pure torture!
I also tried my Mom's high heeled shoes when I was about 14, slipped and nearly broke my ankle. I dislocated it, and it hurt for 2 weeks. They were the strappy kind that held my ankles tightly when I turned the foot sideways and found myself standing on my ankle with my foot sole out to the side. Very painful experience. :eye:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Being already 6'2" tall I have no need of high heels. I have tried 'ladies' courts, and the absolute highest I could tolerate had just 2" heels. To walk a mile in them might indeed be another story.
Looking back to that tragic day, one thing that struck me about pics. of 9/11 was the streets strewn with high heels shed by office girls as they fled the scene in terror in their bare feet or stockings.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !