Not much news of late

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Not much news of late

Post by Pythos »

It has really been quiet for me, and it seem for this site as well.

Is this economy affecting even this aspect of people's lives as well?

Things are not good for me. I feel I am in a quagmire.

I still wear skirts, but rarely, I hardly wear leggings anymore. I spent most of my days in jeans and T shirt (signifying I am in the blues)

What I thought would be a good guitar class turned out to not be so.

And a part time job I thought would work out, is just not gonna help that much at all.

There is Yahoo group called skirtsformen, and there is one guy there that is supposedly is for fashion freedom, but like so many, freedom in accordance with his discresion. Any one in a skirt with hose is a faggot, any wearing skirts instead of kilts is one too. (He uses faggot in the derogatory term for useless, not necessarally gay) Reading more and more stuff like that really works the nerves.

All of my close friends are unemployed, with no prospects.

I would like to get some counseling, but, well...no money.

So yea. That is pretty much how I have been.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
Milfmog

Re: Not much news of late

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Pythos,

Good to hear from you on the forum again; though I'm saddened to learn that things are not going as you would choose at present.
Pythos wrote:And a part time job I thought would work out, is just not gonna help that much at all.
No work is a major pain. I spent six months last year looking for work so I appreciate how depressing it can be. The upside of part time work (even if it is not what you want) is that it demonstrates a willingness to work, which may be a useful differentiator between you and another applicant for the job you really want.
Pythos wrote:There is Yahoo group called skirtsformen, and there is one guy there that is supposedly is for fashion freedom, but like so many, freedom in accordance with his discresion. Any one in a skirt with hose is a faggot, any wearing skirts instead of kilts is one too. (He uses faggot in the derogatory term for useless, not necessarally gay) Reading more and more stuff like that really works the nerves.
Sadly, I think you’ll find rather more than one person in the group who fits that description, even though there is only one making much noise at present. I seldom post there and find that the vigour with which some of the posters there seem want to impose rules on others (even though they get hacked off by people who tell them what they should wear) is astonishing. It is a common problem in kilt forums, but it is unusual to see it quite so obvious on a mail list for men in skirts. Incidentally I’m not convinced that his use of the term faggot is not intended to imply homosexuality as well as being generally derogatory. There is a reason that I'm more active here than I am on most other forums and that is the level of thought, consideration and general good manners that posters here display when I compare them to other web-based groups.

Hope things start to look up for you (and for your friends) soon.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Nuts. I'm sorry to hear that things haven't picked up for you yet.
Pythos wrote:Is this economy affecting even this aspect of people's lives as well?
Quite likely. A goodly chunk of the folks I know in my own locale are in a bit of a funk, even if they're gainfully employed. Of folks that I know as friends, about 20% or so are unemployed, and things don't much look like they're getting any better.
I spent most of my days in jeans and T shirt (signifying I am in the blues)
I'm coming to the opinion that nothing says, "I don't care" like jeans and a t-shirt.
There is Yahoo group called skirtsformen, and there is one guy there that is supposedly is for fashion freedom, but like so many, freedom in accordance with his discresion.
That's why we try to cast a broad net here, and expect that the community respects each others as individuals. We've come under fire in the past for that poilicy, but I very strongly believe that if we demanded strict adherence to "fashion rules" we'd appeal to a very limited subset of the population.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
nicothoe
Distinguished Member

Post by nicothoe »

I am not familiar with that forum, and from what othesr have said, I don't think I'd waste my time looking into it. As far as I am concerned, saying it's "okay to wear kilts but not skirts" is no better than saying "men should only wear pants." It implies that kilts are MASCULINE while skirts are FEMININE. Most of us here would disagree with that.
Be Bold. Be Skirted.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Losing my job put my process of personal discovery on hold for a year.
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Well Pythos, things are going well here in New Orleans. The weather is finally turning pleasant again (70+ F yesterday - at last!) which has a HUGE effect on my attitude.

And the culture is one we would wish for. I was out yesterday wearing a knee-length black "office" skirt, nylons, and brown strappy sandals, and encountered hundreds of passersby. Had a few conversations with strangers, but they were along the lines of "Does this bus stop at...? "

I did have one lady, tourist to judge by the map she was carrying, stop in mid stride and practically drop her jaw to the curb. Everybody else was at least able to keep on with what they were doing even if they wanted to stare.

Hang in there mate. Hopefully you are just passing through a dark time, and there is sunshine not too far ahead.

Chris
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

Chris M. That is great to hear and very encouraging.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Bob wrote:Losing my job put my process of personal
discovery on hold for a year.
EEEEEEEEEEowwwwwwwwwww :!:
That's a bummer :(

Wishing the best for you :!: :)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)