At Least One Good Thing About The Recession

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

At Least One Good Thing About The Recession

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

I had a thought the other day that one business which will be suffering will be dressing services.

I know I shouldn’t wish ill will of anybody’s business but I personally believe dressing services have a lot to answer for in regards inhibiting MIS/MFF.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: At Least One Good Thing About The Recession

Post by Since1982 »

Were those MEN? My bad. I thought they were women prostitutes. Milfs post seemed to infer they were men. Shows how dumb I am to that world. About as foreign to me as a space rock.
Last edited by Since1982 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

ziggy_encaoua wrote:I know I shouldn’t wish ill will of anybody’s business but I personally believe dressing services have a lot to answer for in regards inhibiting MIS/MFF.
Hi Ziggy,

I have little time for dressing services such as the one you linked to but they do me no harm and I wish them no ill. Although the concept of a guy in a skirt is (we think) confused with drag / cross dressing etc., I don't think men who want to wear skirts should sit around blaming others for lack of acceptance. If we want to get away from this confusion in the public mind we need to stop being an invisible minority and the solution to to that is simple; become a visible minority! Get out there dressed as we choose and let folks see us; those of us who do it know it's not really the problem we imagined it would be and are happier now that we dress to suit ourselves instead of trying to please folks we will never speak to.

Ziggy, I know that you go out and about dressed as you choose, as do many of the regular contributors to this forum, but far too few others do and that is why the public do not recognise guys in skirts as being "just what it says on the tin". In a word: unfamiliarity.

So forum lurkers, consider the gauntlet thrown down. Get out there skirted or kilted or dressed as YOU want to be and discover for yourself that it really is not a big deal to anyone but you. (And don't forget to come back and tell us about it to encourage the others who've yet to try it :D )

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

I have little time for dressing services such as the one you linked to but they do me no harm and I wish them no ill.
Trouble is they feed off fear & profit from it

Many dressing services seem to have the mantra that a guy can’t go out in a dress or skirt unless they immaculately pass as female otherwise they run the risk of violence.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I didn't realize it was a tranny site. Sorry for my hasty remarks. I thought they were women pros and it was a site to find Johns. They sure look like women. WoW. I should have realized you'd never post an illegal site in here. Sorry again. :|
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

I
thought they were women pros
Well there's at least one tranny pro on that site I know of
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Just a thought from here. I think one can, i guess "dress up as a woman" as in a play or something, but otherwise be a man in whatever attire you like. I don't find people care at all what i put on to go about, always skirts these days. In fact the only vibes i get are good.It would be good to see more men "unbifurcated" but that's up to them. In that regard, i reckon there's no such thing as"crossdressing". All in the mind i suppose. One should try to have a look that is in context with one's personality of course. I say, just get on with the fun of "breaking the mould". The world won't come to an end and others may have a go as well. Jack.
TomH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TomH »

Jack Williams wrote:
One should try to have a look that is in context with one's personality of course.
I totally agree with that line. We all know that some would have us do things their way, but it's better to be comfortable with yourself and that will put the idea ahead.

Tom
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

TomH wrote:
Jack Williams wrote: One should try to have a look that is in context with one's personality of course.
I totally agree with that line. We all know that some would have us do things their way, but it's better to be comfortable with yourself and that will put the idea ahead.
This actually goes beyond skirts and into one's entire "look" -- trousered or skirted. If one isn't comfortable with his look, he'll not look comfortable with it either, and that will cause friction with the would around. Just as dogs can "smell fear", human bullies can sense unease or timidity and are more likely to pounce if they sense those things.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!