Week one

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Week one

Post by Pythos »

Hello all,

So the move is complete, the critters are adjusted to their new environs, and I am still unemployed.

Any how, I have not gotten to wear a skirt out for the time I have been moved, but I have been able to do so wearing leggings, and (gasp) catsuits (though at home the suits are worn with a sweater or T-shirt.

I grudgingly got my hair cut, and am getting used to it. My privacy is being respected, though this morning was a close call when the door to my room was bumped open by the pooch, just as I was putting my foot into the scrunched up leg of one of my catsuits, while sitting on the bed in nothing but the part way pulled up other leg of the suit. I clumsily got up, shooed the dog out, and closed the door making sure it was latched, and proceeded to continue getting in the suit.

My mom has adjusted to the critters though, and the dog behaves fine with them too.

My skirts are hanging in my closet, and have not been discovered, which is kinda proof my privacy is being respected.

The move is turning out to be wise. I am able to put money aside from UI toward the Certified Flight Instructor rating.

So that is what is going on so far. I check in every now and then, which is better than I thought would happen.

Have fun.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
Milfmog

Re: Week one

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Pythos,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to learn that things are not proving as dire as you feared and will keep my fingers crossed that you are able to come to an accommodation with your mother which will allow you the freedom to be the person you really are.

Unemployment sucks. No question about it. I was made redundant ten days ago, just three weeks short of sixteen years after joining the company and right now there does not seem to be anything suitable anywhere. Today I had my first encounter with the authorities in the benefits system, which has to be about the most humiliating and offensive experience I've ever gone through but somewhere there is a job with my name on it, just as there is for you. We just need to focus on finding that job and then grab it with both hands.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I've been there (unemployed ) - twice, in fact. When I look back, the second time it happened changed my life for the better. I changed career, became a university lecturer, and some four years later I bounced back into my original profession. I'm now happier than ever before, earning more than I ever have, yet at the same time I am not reliant on my salary, so know that if things change again for the worse, there are far more important things in life.

Keep positive; it's a tough time, but you have not changed, and you will come out of this (both of you).

Cheers

Ray
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

So today my mom would be away all day. So I took the oportunity to put on one of my favorite outfits.
I put on my black silken mist hose, and then proceeded to slide into the wonderfully smooth material of the outfit. The slight tightness around my lower body was most welcome. After getting my arms through the short sleeves, and positioning the front chest flap, I proceeded to pull up on the zipper on the right side going from just below the waistline to just under my armpit. I walked to the mirror and marveled that it still fit me. The front and back flaps gently rubbing against my hosed legs reminded me of a fun day with my friends

I am talking about my Chinese silk (like) gown, or chenongsam, that I wore for my friends fancy dress wedding. I was pleasantly suprised that even with my now short hair the outfit still looks stunning. I hadn't worn it since I repaired the zipper that broke. This particular one is just too damaged for wearing at any formal event, but I would so love to be able to wear either it after being properly repaired, or a new one. Perhaps it could happen.

I may leave it on all day, not sure.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks for the update Pythos,

It never ceases to amaze me how much my outlook on life can change with my clothes so make the most of the opportunity to wear what you choose without having to consider others. Sometimes being totally selfish for a while is not a bad thing.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

I'm glad you can still be about, Pythos. It sounds like you and your mother were able to come to a survivable arrangement. Be very good to her on Mother's Day! :D
Mipi
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mipi »

Pythos (and others too)

If still having privacy issue with shearing the computer, please see http://www.portableapps.com. It seems to be nice solution. It doesn't leave any private data on any computer used. Just "put" the stuff you need on USB and that's it.

Regards!

Mipi
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Here's another possibility --- you put your entire operation system on a USB drive, then you don't have to worry about ANYTHING on the host computer (not even any viruses it might have).
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/
TomH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TomH »

Mipi wrote:Pythos (and others too)

If still having privacy issue with shearing the computer, please see http://www.portableapps.com. It seems to be nice solution. It doesn't leave any private data on any computer used. Just "put" the stuff you need on USB and that's it.

Regards!

Mipi

Let's see if I know how to quote, but the main thing is, I have portable apps on a USB drive and it's quite slick. Really works good and is almost as fast as whatever computer is hosting at the moment. It's a good solution for those of us the are financially challenged, too.

TomH