This could be of interest!!!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

This could be of interest!!!

Post by Sarongman »

I've found this site and it tickled this old hippy's fancy. http://www.littlebrowndress.com/ A whole year in one outfit! WOW!
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Mipi
Member Extraordinaire

Re: This could be of interest!!!

Post by Mipi »

This is an effort!
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Alex Martin sounds pretty neat. I loved this response of hers to the question of looking crazy.
Most people in my professional circle didn't even notice that I was always wearing the same dress day after day -- my take on that is that we're all too busy with our *own* appearance, family, work, etc. to keep a tally on everyone else's wardrobe rotations! But Most people didn't even notice that I was always wearing the dress day after day -- we're all too busy with our *own* appearance, family, work, etc. to keep a tally on everyone else's wardrobe rotations!
That's a perfect reminder that the clothing on your mind is not taking up the same amount of space in the next person's head. The skirt on your body that can seem like a big deal to you is not making the same impact on others.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

This IS very interesting. Since i got the denim skirt and thus wear it as i would my ''usual'' jeans, around the street, to the jazz pub, vintage radios... nobody notices. A bloke moaned about my sandles but he was not part of the management, and there were worse sandles. But no skirt was noticed. Which is to be highly reccomended! Jack.
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

I was just reminded this weekend of why I can't wear the same pair of trousers for a whole year: they wear out too fast!

They all wear out a little below the crotch, where the fabric flexes most when I walk. I generally have to buy 3--4 pairs a year because of this.

I don't think I'd have the same sort of problem with a skirt or dress.

So, another argument for skirts/dresses: less impact on the planet!
Thanks for all the fish.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Exactly what i always found with the jeans. Always thrashed out between the legs.No problem there with the skirts! I won't be looking back. Had the charcoal cord at the jazz pub last night. Nobody noticed a skirt on this bloke. Most comfortable one actualy, more so than the denim and better look for going out than the denim which is good ''street'' wear i think. Had a good look at ''Littlebrowndress.com'' the other day. Certainly an interesting young woman. I got about nine years use out of the tyre sole sandles in the denim picture on ''Jack Track'' Have now constucted another pair, which i reckon are better. Alex of the little brown dress could use something like that i would say, as she was going to make a pair of shoes. Too ''bloky'' in tyresoles though i guess. Very interesting subject Sarongman. I mentioned it to a friend today to have a look at. Which he will, as he already visits this site regularly. Jack.