New MFF Discussion Forum

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New MFF Discussion Forum

Post by Sasquatch »

I wish everyone could look at this site as I do...as a fine Cajun gumbo! For you Brits, that's a rich, spicy, "soupy" dish that contains, at times, everything from Andouille sausage to shrimp or crawfish to corn, beans, and rice. The only required element is okra - if it doesn't have okra, it ain't gumbo. Trust me, it's delicious. Even if you taste something that doesn't suit your fancy, just spit it out and keep eating! You don't have to swallow anything you don't like, but the blend of ingredients makes the experience wonderful.

Okay, Sasquatch using food similies? Must be suppertime!

sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Ziggy----Great Start! I've 'registered' and added my 2 cents
worth. I hope others will 'Re-READ' your 'rules' in order to get
registered. There is a lot there, and some will try to 'stretch'
those boundaries because they didn't read what they were
agreeing to.

Again, Great Start! I wish you well!

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

Cajun gumbo! For you Brits, that's a rich, spicy, "soupy" dish that contains, at times, everything from Andouille sausage to shrimp or crawfish to corn, beans, and rice. The only required element is okra - if it doesn't have okra, it ain't gumbo. Trust me, it's delicious. Even if you taste something that doesn't suit your fancy, just spit it out and keep eating! You don't have to swallow anything you don't like, but the blend of ingredients makes the experience wonderful.
Of course we don't have cookery books & cookery programmes here do we :P

I've eaten gumbo but not in 20 years being as I'm a vegetarian, for those in the bovine heartland that's a person who doesn't eat meat. :D
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Of course we don't have cookery books & cookery programmes here do we :P

I've eaten gumbo but not in 20 years being as I'm a vegetarian, for those in the bovine heartland that's a person who doesn't eat meat. :D
Actually, okra is a fruit, so if you combine that with beans rice, and corn/maize you'll have a really tasty feast that's still well within-bounds for even the most militant vegan. Just season well, else it's a wee bit on the boring side.

I candidly admit to being a sucker for a good meal of beans and rice, but beans do things to my innards that make me "less than sociable" (if you get my drift); dear Sapphire caters to those whims from time to time, but I'm guaranteed to be "left alone" for the rest of the evening. ;)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Carl, I'm shocked! Don't you know that methane is a powerful greenhouse gas? :bom:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
owen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by owen »

That's another advantage of skirts - gases can flow more freely! Advantage for us anyway, maybe not for those nearby.