An Observation

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

An Observation

Post by sapphire »

Carl and I were having a discussion a short time ago regarding his skirting.

Carl is tall and thin and his physical motions tend to be angular and jerky. HOWEVER, when Carl is skirted, his physical movements appear differently. They actually appear graceful. When skirted, Carl is a joy to watch in movement. While trousered, I feel like running for cover.

Hmmm. I think I've gone from OK with this to supportive to enthusiastic. He just looks so much better in so many ways when skirted. He's so much more confident and good looking.

Everyone should support their partners in whatever the partner's clothing choices are.
Moderation is for monks. To enjoy life, take big bites.
-------Lazarus Long
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: An Observation

Post by Sarongman »

That observation is interesting. I wonder, and this probably arose in your discussion, if it is a subjective observation or do you really think that Carl's movements are more "graceful"? I am, if anything, graceless (but I aint lost a hoof yet.)and must ask my S.O. whether she thinks my movements are discernably different skirted than trousered.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

I do tend to walk a little differently when I'm in a kilt or other skirted garment. More of a purposeful stride, whereas, when trousered, I tend to wobble a little.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

My motions, and the way I tend to carry myself, have been not-so-charitably characterised as looking "like a marionette controlled by an epileptic". There's not one whit of grace to be found, no matter how hard I might try. My normal walk is very fast, and my general movements tend to be sharp and quick; it may be one of the reasons I'm thin.

I think what's going on is that the sorts of skirts I tend to wear flow better than trousers and conceal the jerkiness of my movements by spreading them out as the fabric moves. I'm not overtly aware of moving any differently in skirts than I do in trousers (aside from managing the flow of the garment "at speed"), so it's got to be a concealing thing.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

It's a concealing thing for sure. People used to stare at me all the time wearing cut off or shorts, blue lines and blown veins etc. NO one ever complimented me on my look wearing BIfurcated clothing. I get at least 3 compliments a week for my UNbifurcated clothing. I don't walk like I'm broken either, like I used to. I actually walk NO different, a lot of the old movements are hidden under my skirt. :cheers:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Kris
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kris »

Kilted_John wrote:I do tend to walk a little differently when I'm in a kilt or other skirted garment. More of a purposeful stride, whereas, when trousered, I tend to wobble a little.

-J
That's funny, I tend to wobble a little when wearing a kilt...

Or maybe it's the Scotch in me? :toast:

Kris
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Kris wrote:
That's funny, I tend to wobble a little when wearing a kilt...

Or maybe it's the Scotch in me? :toast:

Kris
Probably... ;-)

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo