Back in circulation

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Back in circulation

Post by Sarongman »

Well, after three and a half months, I have rejoined the fray. In that time we have moved to a small 20 acre property 22 kiometres out of Warwick in Queensland. Warwick and Toowoomba are reputed to be quite redneck, however I have been skirted most of the time here and have had absolutely no adverse reaction so far. I am now wearing shorter skirts (around knee length) which are much cooler in the warmer climate here. While shopping in Toowoomba last week, I enquired about a surf skirt at a surf shop. The shop assistant, in hetr early 20s was friendly and helpful and regretted that she didn't have the style I was after and said that she had some denim skirts but thought they might be too short for me. She showed me a rack of micro minis about 6 inches long--we looked at each other and laughed.
To all who have joined the cafe in my absence, a belated and sincere welcome. I will look forward to your input
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Back in circulation

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: Welcome back Sarongman. Missdcha.. :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Welcome back, sir!
Sarongman wrote:I am now wearing shorter skirts (around knee length) which are much cooler in the warmer climate here. While shopping in Toowoomba last week, I enquired about a surf skirt at a surf shop. The shop assistant, in hetr early 20s was friendly and helpful and regretted that she didn't have the style I was after and said that she had some denim skirts but thought they might be too short for me. She showed me a rack of micro minis about 6 inches long--we looked at each other and laughed.
Thanks for that visual; it gave me a much-needed boot in spirits.

It's also getting on towards summer in your parts, so shorter skirts make perfect sense. But a 6-incher? I'd get arrested for wearing something like that. :shock:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

a 6-inch skirt is actually a belt! :lol:
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I can see it now...a huge white pointer swimming along with a 6" denim mini stuck in his teeth. Trying for all he can to scrape it off on something. Thinking.."What the H*** is that in my teeth"? I've eaten wet suits b4 and the rare dry suit but this THING is stuck good! I thought it was protein and here it's just an ornament. :clown: :nemo: :fish: :kiltdance:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/