No Pants Day = Skirt Day

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: No Pants Day = Skirt Day

Post by Since1982 »

peter v wrote: only who will see that you are wearing a skirt with the intention to relate it to the no pants day, unless you have that printed on your shirt.
You must think people are really stupid. I can't believe anyone in their right mind WOULDN'T see wearing a skirt as an alternative to wearing trousers/pants on NO PANTS DAY. The average person would definitely figure that out without having to see it printed on a shirt. Maybe you wouldn't, but please don't put everyone else in your category. :roll:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Gus

Post by Gus »

Mugman

My sincerest best wishes for your mum. I am sorry, but I only picked up your post now.

Kindest regards,
Gus
"Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been set up a statue in honor of a critic."
-Jean Sibelius
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Thanks everyone. All your kind words are much appreciated.
I was given slightly better news at the hospital yesterday. It might possibly be a case that the cancer, although alarming in itself, may not ultimately be a 'painfully claiming' situation. My mother is being treated for the compounding problem of pneumonia which they feel confident in addressing. She is very frail nowadays, and I had already prepared myself for any inevitability. Basically, the cancer may not have a chance to take her.
SportSkirt

Post by SportSkirt »

Since1982, that was a particularly harsh comment. In the Netherlands I suspect the event is practically unheard of, as is the case in the UK.

The general public will probably not even know about no pants day so unless there is a poster campaign or some other visible reminder, they will not have a clue what is going on, other than a guy wearing a skirt. Events like this don't impact on the lives of the majority of the population in any way, and outside of the US the event is practically unheard of.

By wearing a shirt of some kind you would draw attention to no pants day in a relevant way.
In no way does that suggest the public are dumb
Gus

Post by Gus »

Gentleman, gentleman, calm down please!

There is merit all sides of the argument even if we don't agree with each other's ideas. Of course wearing a skirt is an alternative to wearing trousers, but the people of no-pants day seem to have another idea in mind. Maybe they should have called it underwear day :?: :roll: :?:

Personally, and I mean this my viewpoint only, I would like to see Skirt Day as an international idea (OK, I know you Americans have the World Series that has absolutely zero to do with the rest of the world :) ). And yes, every day can be a skirt day, but having a day set aside specifically to emphasize the total acceptability of men in skirts seems like a good idea to me.

Involve charities, involve the media, publicize it on Facebook, do all these things. Yes, take it seriously, but let's have some fun too. Wearing a skirt is fun! Why should girls be the only ones to have all the fun?

I have never heard of no-pants day; I don't think we have such a thing in South Africa. I would see "no pants" as no pants of any kind including underpants. Now since that would be totally socially unacceptable, wearing a skirt does seem like a viable alternative to pants. :wink:

I would like to see skirt day as something separate from no-pants day with it's very own identity. I don't want to hijack somebody else's idea, I would like to see skirt day as something that springs from our little group and belongs to us - our own initiative.

Well those are my views at any rate.

Gus
"Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been set up a statue in honor of a critic."
-Jean Sibelius
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

It's just a thought, but wearing a skirt or kilt with a t shirt declaring it to be "no pants day" is likely to result in lots of folks lifting the hem to check you're not cheating...

...would you really want to be in that position?

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

MugMom's health

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Thanks for the update, mugman. It is good to know she is not likely to go through difficult treatments but hard to know she is so frail. I'm keeping both of you in my thoughts.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Milfmog wrote:It's just a thought, but wearing a skirt or kilt with a t shirt declaring it to
be "no pants day" is likely to result in lots of folks lifting the hem to check
you're not cheating...

...would you really want to be in that position?

Have fun,

Ian.
.......It depends on 'who' is doing the lifting..... :twisted:

When asked what I wear under my kilt....... :oops:
I have a couple of different answers, depending on who is asking.
One of my favorite answers is----
Good girls don't ask-Naughty girls find out :lol:

Sorry Ian, I couldn't resist. The :twisted: just popped out :D

I hope this will bring a smile ( :mrgreen: ) to you :wink:

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Gus

Post by Gus »

Milfmog wrote:It's just a thought, but wearing a skirt or kilt with a t shirt declaring it to be "no pants day" is likely to result in lots of folks lifting the hem to check you're not cheating...
Interesting thought Ian but I would opt to have skirt day on different day - then you can wear what you like under the skirt. :D And as Uncle Al points out, it all depends on who is doing the lifting :rofl:
-Jean Sibelius
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

SportSkirt wrote: The general public will probably not even know about no pants day so unless there is a poster campaign or some other visible reminder, they will not have a clue what is going on, other than a guy wearing a skirt. Events like this don't impact on the lives of the majority of the population in any way, and outside of the US the event is practically unheard of.
This event only happens in Boise, Idaho and outside of Boise this event is practically unheard of in the rest of the United States. I'm just making the point that any intelligent person doesn't need a sign to make the connection that IN Boise, wearing a skirt on "No Pants Day" makes sense. After all, a skirt is definitely NOT PANTS. :hooray:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Since1982 wrote:
peter v wrote: only who will see that you are wearing a skirt with the intention to relate it to the no pants day, unless you have that printed on your shirt.
You must think people are really stupid. I can't believe anyone in their right mind WOULDN'T see wearing a skirt as an alternative to wearing trousers/pants on NO PANTS DAY. The average person would definitely figure that out without having to see it printed on a shirt. Maybe you wouldn't, but please don't put everyone else in your category. :roll:
Sorry, but by saying that, you also say that there are no men wearing skirts on a daily basis,of their own accoord, no pants day or not. :roll:
Not even you :shock:
If there is a procession and there would be men in that procession, then and only then should people assume that it had something to do with the reason of the procession, but when it is only a "day", then that is impossible.

If NO man would ever be wearing a skirt in public at all, THEN you would be correct. But that is not the case. Nobody can differentiate why a man is seen wearing a skirt on that same day. They would have to ask him.

Unless those men are wearing a text stating that they are infact on that day wearing a skirt and not wearing pants in conjunction with the organised day.

Also again,

Quote: OK-It does say in the FAQ's on their website that skirts, kilts, shorts
are not allowed. Just 'boxers, brief's and other assorted types of 'undies'.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
alexthebird
Distinguished Member

Post by alexthebird »

All this talk about a "No Pants Day" or "Skirt Day" is all well and good, but the older I get, the more I'm convinced that just going about our daily lives wearing skirts when we feel like it is a far more powerful statement about fashion freedom. Even if there was a "No Pants Day" in which tens of thousands of men hit the streets wearing kilts, skirts, sarongs and what have you, it would still be some kind of a unique "special event" that would not necessarily have a long lasting impact.

Going grocery shopping in a skirt, going to Starbucks or the pub in a skirt, or going to a football game in a skirt are more revolutionary acts.

Don't wait for a special event. Just do it.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

To get the train back on the tracks about No Pants Day....
and not to ruffle anyone's feathers...

Since1982 wrote:This event only happens in Boise, Idaho and outside of Boise this event
is practically unheard of in the rest of the United States. I'm just making
the point that any intelligent person doesn't need a sign to make the connection
that IN Boise, wearing a skirt on "No Pants Day" makes sense.
After all, a skirt is definitely NOT PANTS. :hooray:
Skip--This does not ONLY happen in Boise, Idaho.

Here is a quote from The Austin Chronicle, 02 May, 2008---

Salute Your Undershorts
The secret Hollywood history behind No Pants Day
BY JOSH ROSENBLATT

Conventional wisdom has it that No Pants Day (which takes place
this Friday, May 2) had its beginnings in Austin in the mid-1980s
and is little more than a good-natured lark free of any political or
social intent – just a bunch of breezy young adults with nothing
better to do than wander the streets in their underwear, scaring
children and dogs. But the truth is actually much more sinister.
New research has revealed that Trouser-Free Day was actually
started in Hollywood in 1928 by a secret cabal of gin -soaked
movie producers, writers, and actors interested as much in
flaunting societal convention and toppling democracy as they were
in making movies, a group that included such closet anarchists and
degenerates as Norma Shearer, Conrad Veldt, Samuel Goldwyn,
Adolph Zukor, Lillian Gish, Will Rogers, the entire cast of King Vidor's
The Big Parade, and Wallace Beery (who, honoring the wishes of the
other members of the group, kept his pants on). Rumor has it the
party was the height of Roaring Twenties liberal immorality and
political rabble-rousing (though no rabble were actually invited),
capped off by a naked Buster Keaton reading aloud from Das Kapital
and guzzling mulled wine while standing on Mary Pickford's shoulders.

Illustration by Kevin Peake

Needless to say, the influence of Hollywood's Trouser-Free Day on
the movies was immediate and pervasive, sullying a once-pure
medium with dirty thoughts. Because of those first pantsless ne'er
-do-wells, our decent, old-fashioned multiplexes are now packed
with the most brazen and unnatural kind of lower-body nudity.

The article continues talking about many different famous Hollywood
persona, both movie and political. It's a good read.

And at the beginning of the web page is.....

As always, there will be an all-day celebration on
the University of Texas campus in Austin. But this year
Boise is where the new action is. Check out
http://www.boisenopantsday.com for more information
about what they have planned for the big day!

I don't know what new stations you watch, but I've seen news
reports that this happens in several major cities, whether they
are in the U.S. or abroad.

Again--this is not to ruffle anyones feathers, I'm just trying to 'Get-it-Right'.

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

Ok, I stand corrected, I've never seen a No Pants Day anywhere in Florida where I've lived the last 40 years. I'm sure someone can find one in Sopchopee or some other town with a population of under 300 and correct me yet one more time. :hide:

Bri
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bri »

I didn't feel this needed a topic all its own as it's been said many times in different ways...

Today we have quite a few choices in the way we can and want to communicate with each other that evolved over time but all have the commonality of people rejecting them for really strange reasons in their infancies.

The phone was looked at as the most absurd thing in the world that no one in their right mind would ever use, moreover use on a daily basis of communication with others. Then over the decades, the convenience of having a phone to contact someone (being much faster than sending a letter) was a luxury but a quickly growing popular luxury.

Some of the people who used these kinds of things were labeled as being very strange, if you want, nerdy, and other names. Wearing skirts are going along the same lines as anything else. There’s no real reason why we “should” do it in the eyes of other people.

A letter is still an acceptable form of communication and is used by many people, but a phone is so much more advanced and better for many things; as are computers. It’s not going to be an easy process of convincing people. Health reasons, fashion, whatever you want to market the idea with I don’t think are going to be that useful. Capris have no real function other than showing off your calf to others and of course showing off more skin looks good to other people most of the time, and that might be why they became popular.

In the end the best reason to wear skirts is simply because you want to. There’s really no solid reason why you should, but there’s also no solid reason why you shouldn’t.