Left-handed?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.

What handedness traits do you have?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:43 pm

Predominantly right-handed
38%
Predominantly left-handed
19%
Ambidextrous - perform most tasks equally well with both hands
5%
Mixed - Specific tasks for specific hands
38%

Total votes: 21

Gus

Left-handed?

Post by Gus »

Hi Gus Here

Now don't shoot me down in flames - I am new here :hide: and I haven't been able to look at all the threads yet, so this may be a topic that was previously discussed. I was just wondering how many people on this forum were left-handed. Supposedly southpaws are a little different from all the righties, but I think they only make up about 10% of the population (Wikipedia claims 7-10% of the adult population is left-handed). I was curious to see if the percentage was higher on the forum....

(I am southpaw BTW)
Last edited by Gus on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been set up a statue in honor of a critic."
-Jean Sibelius
SportSkirt

Re: Left-handed?

Post by SportSkirt »

i'm left handed, so that's 100% of your replies so far....
Sylvain

Post by Sylvain »

Goes down to 50%!
Gus

Post by Gus »

By my reckoning we are still at 66.6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666% :D so we are still leading so far...
"Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been set up a statue in honor of a critic."
-Jean Sibelius
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Right handed
DTSA

Post by DTSA »

Left handed.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

How do the ambidextrous fit in? I'm nominally a righty, but have complete use of my left; in fact, there are some things that I do better with my left than my right.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

I used both hands equally well, I am a piano player.
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I write and use tools left-handed, kick left-footed, but use a computer mouse and scissors right-handed. All mixed up ... I think left-handed (which is probably why I wear skirts :mrgreen: )

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

crfriend wrote:How do the ambidextrous fit in? I'm nominally a righty, but have complete use of my left; in fact, there are some things that I do better with my left than my right.
very much my situation.

strangely, can't drive or snap my fingers with my right hand.
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Very strongly right-handed.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Write with my left, throw balls with my right, snap fingers on both sides, etc. Probably ambidextrous, but when I was growing up, definitely a southpaw.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Gus

Post by Gus »

I think there might be a trend here - a lot of ambidextrous or lefties. Correct me if I am wrong but I only counted two definite right-handers. I also tend to use both hands - some tasks suited for the left and others for the right. I write left handed but tend to use tools in my right hand.

So I guess the moral of the story is we are all probably a little mixed up :roll: :D :D
-Jean Sibelius
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

Right handed in almost everything except for two things. I swing a baseball bat left handed, and the second thing I don't discuss! :lol:

sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

My dad, an absolute right handed person could not understand what mental problem his 4 year old son had when he wanted to EAT with his left hand, WRITE with his left hand, WIPE with his right hand, DEFEND himself with his right hand and HIT other kids with his left hand!

From age 2 when I started trying to feed myself with my left hand, he'd grab the fork out of my left hand, slap me in the face and stick the fork in my right hand. I'd move it back and suffer a repeat. This occurred until I would finally give up and stop eating. After taking the food in his right hand and stuffing it down my throat until I choked and/or puked he thought up a different tact...He tied me to the chair, tied my left hand to my belt, tied the fork to my right hand and failed to get me fed until they had to take me to the hospital. I'm a Scorpio ( a known hard headed sign ). This continued until a Shrink was called, gave up on me, and finally convinced my DAD that HE was going about it the wrong way. I was then allowed to do whatever I wanted to do left handed. But I, to this day, cannot eat and keep down any of the foods he stuffed down my throat. Actually, I remembered something I do rather well with my right hand. heh...:hide:

Does this qualify me as a Left Handed person?? duh..
Last edited by Since1982 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/