Chris quit

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Chris quit

Post by Pythos »

The Attrium is now officially dead, and dead in a crappy manner.

In case any of you have tried to post, it would seem Chris has disabled posting by require people to be members, then making it impossible for people to "join".

This to me is a craptastic way of dealing with things. If anyone has any further info on this please post here.

The atrium and this site are the only true fashion freedom, sites around, if Chris killed the atrium, then that leaves this one.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Chris quit

Post by crfriend »

The Attrium is now officially dead, and dead in a crappy manner.
Hmm, the site was operational for read access as of noon (EDT, UTC -4) on 2008-08-30...
In case any of you have tried to post, it would seem Chris has disabled posting by require people to be members, then making it impossible for people to "join".
Perhaps the intent was to deliberately make the site read-only so as to preserve the "historical record". That tactic has some validity; quite a lot of the history behind this place was lost when the read-only archives of Tom's Cafe went dark. If that was the intent, it should have been stated, though.

As an aside, if I had a nickel for every time I was ready to up and say, "Screw it!" when dealing with junk, abuse, and juvenile behaviour here I'd be one rich dude. Moderating any sort of public forum can be a right nuisance -- and it can be a discouraging nuisance at that, because no matter what the moderator does he's wrong. So, I feel for Kris' frustration. This is why we have two moderators at the moment; when one burns out (or gets busy in his "real life"), the other steps in to cover. Perhaps that might be a good strategy for The Atrium to explore.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

I got an email from "nobody" with my new password for the attrium.

It appears it has finally turned into a members only site, which it needed to be.

So it would seem the site is still alive. At least for now.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
freeindress

Post by freeindress »

Has somebody checked the Atrium the last few days ? I wanted to check again if there was some activity... connection timed out. I hope Chris did not pull the plug forever, is doing well and has just a power outage. BTW are there other borderline/freestyler/crossdresser-friendly fashion freedom forums somewhere ?
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

FYI
The OLD Atrium is back online!
Was down because the weather in WA State made life miserable for communications.
Also note the OLD Atrium has been revitalized with Kez the uncurable hippie as the new
owner/operator of The all-new Atrium - link:

http://atrium.earthshod.co.uk/

Please come and visit and see what's happening.

crfriend: hope you do not mind my putting a plug in for the all-new Atrium - protocol
and all the sort of stuff.
rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !