Fashion mistakes

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
01/01/08

Fashion mistakes

Post by 01/01/08 »

Found this on my msn home page this morning , I thought it was worth a look.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/stat ... ageindex=1

Give a look ,have a groan!!!

john
clothes have no gender shop both sides of the aisle
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Fashion mistakes

Post by Peter v »

Not a mistake, but at the time again a wonderful "find" to be different, stand out, as is going on all the time.
In some sci fi films, there are people with extreme wide shoulders, making a triangle up side down, which makes them look impressive.
Have you ever seen how ridiculously steep and high some I think russian officer's hats were? That makes the wearer much more dominant.

It is easy to criticise, harder to compliment on the merrits, certainly at that period of time.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

All I can see, is some bunch of fashionistas putting down fashion ideas that are not of the norm, or outrageous.

They really lost me when they dogged stirrup pants, and spandex pants. The reasons were lame at best. I do agree that grossly overweight people in such look terrible. But the crap about the American Apparel bringing these things back, and that stupid question "who looks good in these?" Answer, someone who has the body for them.

I despise fashion police types. Fashion should be a choice for anyone to make. These blasted nattering nabobs of un-creativity should shut up, stop dogging entire styles. If someone doesn't carry a look, then offer constructive criticism. But don't tell me "Oh leggings are sooooo 1980s," so the hell what? jeans are sooooooo1800s, industrial revolution!!!!

I am also not a fan of the visible thong explosion. But you know what, that is me. I am not going to say that the style should never be seen, I dislike visible panty line, but there are guys out there that looooove it, to each their own.

It is turds like this that will kill the idea of men in skirts, why? Because it is not of the norm. They already put down Samuel L Jackson for wearing a kilt to some rewards.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Pythos, did you ever consider an Anger Management course?
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Pythos wrote:All I can see, is some bunch of fashionistas putting down fashion ideas that are not of the norm, or outrageous.

They really lost me when they dogged stirrup pants, and spandex pants. The reasons were lame at best. I do agree that grossly overweight people in such look terrible. But the crap about the American Apparel bringing these things back, and that stupid question "who looks good in these?" Answer, someone who has the body for them.

I despise fashion police types. Fashion should be a choice for anyone to make. These blasted nattering nabobs of un-creativity should shut up, stop dogging entire styles. If someone doesn't carry a look, then offer constructive criticism. But don't tell me "Oh leggings are sooooo 1980s," so the hell what? jeans are sooooooo1800s, industrial revolution!!!!

I am also not a fan of the visible thong explosion. But you know what, that is me. I am not going to say that the style should never be seen, I dislike visible panty line, but there are guys out there that looooove it, to each their own.

It is turds like this that will kill the idea of men in skirts, why? Because it is not of the norm. They already put down Samuel L Jackson for wearing a kilt to some rewards.
Quite right, Pythos. Although your response seems a little agressive, that is very understandably so, and is not directed at any one person. Especially now that WE are the ones who are non conformists, as others like to call us. ( We are actually conformists with the freedom of choice that all people actually have but not all actively use) And are often the target of negative comments. Especially that thong buisness, actually maybe a blow over from the respectless groups, gangs, who will do anything that is annoying, unpleasant for others to distinguish themselves, albeit in a negative way. I still hate the sight of any male worker, mostly in the building trade, with their grand canyon and their underpants elastic showing when bent over, or even just standing. Surely there are better fitting trousers, and longer shirts to be had? And thongs? Some women look just fabulous, others just look "ordinary" :cry: But even the thong thing can be positively commented on, like: "some women can look really good when deliberately showing their fine underwear, while others just look Quite the opposite."

There is enough negative criticising, too much. But just saying: "It is not my style, but back then, even though it was something totally extreme, the people wearing the creations looked darned good, sharp." No that doesn't get ratings. Rather agressively criticise which is to nobodys bennefit but their own.

Anger management? Don't put wood on a fire that is only barely glowing. :buttkick: That is something to be angry about. Without actually being face to face, it is hard enough to put words down in their correct sense, I believe the above was stated very correctly, being a complaint, with some empathis on the negatvity which those articles can be placed in. I for one do get tired of reading articles which are for sensation reasons placed in a way to anger or incite. But that may be the type of reader they are targetting, those who like reading negative attacks, and possible stating things themselves in the same way. :?
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

my FAVORITE fashion mistake is stirrup pants. i love 'em! if they came back into popularity, i'd buy them in a heartbeat. unfortunately, the only ones you can find these days are the "old lady" stretchy material type that never have looked good!

:cry:
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

my FAVORITE fashion mistake is stirrup pants. i love 'em!
Well, we'll just have to "agree to disagree" on that matter. ;)

However, on the subject of "fashion mistakes", my favourite one (that was listed) was "big hair". Done properly, and on one that could carry the look off, it was positively stunning. Of course for the rest of humanity who couldn't.... Oh, and lest we forget, all that teasing and heat was bad for the hair involved.... Perhaps it's best to let it rest in peace.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!