Sick and Tired

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Sick and Tired

Post by crfriend »

I'll deal with this. Just don't expect it to be showy. That's not how I roll.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I want everyone to understand, Jenn and I don't exactly live in a liberal utopia. Each and every day I can't seem to go 15 minutes without someone singing the praises of Donald Trump and/or sharply rebuking every single action Joe Biden does...

On this site and elsewhere I've often given TRUMP credit WHEN IT IS DUE... Yet I never see a Trumpie give a Democrat any benefit of the doubt... I'm sick of it... sick of all of the bias.

I'm not kidding guys... I listen to this crap CONSTANTLY.

And you know what... I can't say anything about it. I literally just grin and bear it because Trump is God around here and I need to survive.

It really grinds my gears when I live in a world of people who can say anything they wish, no matter how ridiculous or offensive it may be, but not old Andrew though...

My father and I don't even speak anymore thanks to the God damned political situation. That's been canceled, everything is canceled, I've just about bitten my tongue plumb off because..
God forbid I say something to offend a Trump supporter.

And so it goes, this nation is going to fall soon, along with the human species, and it's likely going to be the best damned thing that ever happened to this planet.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

crfriend wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:03 pm I'll deal with this. Just don't expect it to be showy. That's not how I roll.
I'd never expect that from you.I'm not a woman that likes to post like this but I needed to vent and get it off my chest.Sorry it had to be this way.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

Moon and Jenn- as I posted on this thread- I lost a lot of love for Trump after Charlottsville when I felt he didn't speak out against the white supremacist groups. His statement was very late and extremely weak. But January 6 was the turning point. It was awful to see the Capitol building vandalized. It's a beautiful building from 1800. I've been there. It's a symbol of democracy and freedom. It made me cry to see it trashed by those animals led by a man who couldn't admit he lost an election. I remember Moon making a very positive comment to my post that a Trump supporter would speak out as I did. I happen to know there are more of us out there but maybe not enough of us. Some people don't like to back track and admit they were wrong.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:32 pm I want everyone to understand, Jenn and I don't exactly live in a liberal utopia. Each and every day I can't seem to go 15 minutes without someone singing the praises of Donald Trump and/or sharply rebuking every single action Joe Biden does...

On this site and elsewhere I've often given TRUMP credit WHEN IT IS DUE... Yet I never see a Trumpie give a Democrat any benefit of the doubt... I'm sick of it... sick of all of the bias.
Politics - maybe social media is making everything that way - is becoming a cult. I do what any self-respecting person does when cultists are around: when in person nod my head in agreement to what they tell me about their cult (politics), commiserate with my immediate family where we agree, and avoid political discussion on the internet. Sometimes I feel like a fraud, but eh, it seems a simpler option than getting all upset. I don't try to convince people, even though sometimes I'll put my opinion out there, I avoid it mostly. And luckily, I never have to nod to two different factions at the same time but I'd love to see the reaction :D.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Sorry to see you go . I know we have had our battles over time I hope that we ended on civil terms. What I don't understand is your comment about this being a Trump website. I have been less active over the past few months because the site have been mostly anti TRUMP. There have been times where it has been me as a Trump supporter against the entire site including a certain moderator. I haven't been paying attention lately so I am not aware of this rogue moderator.

I keep on complaining that this is not a political site . But I have to engage when there is constant battering of MY President.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

oldsalt1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 pm Sorry to see you go . I know we have had our battles over time I hope that we ended on civil terms. What I don't understand is your comment about this being a Trump website. I have been less active over the past few months because the site have been mostly anti TRUMP. There have been times where it has been me as a Trump supporter against the entire site including a certain moderator. I haven't been paying attention lately so I am not aware of this rogue moderator.

I keep on complaining that this is not a political site . But I have to engage when there is constant battering of MY President.
Oldsalt when I made that comment it's referring to the thread that was locked and what was written.The comment on page 1 that Moon quoted it was extremely out of line by what was said by a Moderator.I will hand it to you I'm quite proud that you haven't engaged in it because rest assured there would be fights so props to you for staying away on that part.Trump isn't President anymore people need to respect that and move on.You may not like whose in the White House now but we all must Pray for our country and America in whole.It's time we stop being divided and everyone come together United.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

oldsalt1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 pm Sorry to see you go . I know we have had our battles over time I hope that we ended on civil terms. What I don't understand is your comment about this being a Trump website. I have been less active over the past few months because the site have been mostly anti TRUMP. There have been times where it has been me as a Trump supporter against the entire site including a certain moderator. I haven't been paying attention lately so I am not aware of this rogue moderator.

Ps. You're right it's not a political site but a certain person keeps starting threads then locking them when they don't go his way.My entire point was that they shouldn't even be started and you need to lead by example..(The person am referring to that is)
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Moon,
Forking politics....arrgh! I understand your feelings.

But like I've said before, there's been a tun-load of psychological warfare going on over the last half decade.
Enough to rile every impressionable idiot on both sides right up to the point of violence, turning even the most tolerant into "snowflakes".

Trumpists need to be asked if he got a single gun law repealed or even scaled back the ATF. Rednecks hate rev'nooers more than they like Trump.
They could also be asked why he didn't let the patriot act expire...both of the times he had the re-authorization bill on his desk.
Personally, I tend to go with the "All the politicians in DC are scum...psychopaths...every...last...one."

Jenn,
I'm glad you vented. Doing that, at the very least promotes good emotional well being for both you, me, and this forum.

Oh, and what both you and moon have written was well thought out and kind.

BTW: I skimmed at that last rant mentioned elsewhere in this thread and gotta say:
Wow. That's one that caused me to google "rage rooms in the greater DFW area" for suggestions. (there are several)
It made the "off-the-rails-make-sure-the-straitjacket-is-handy" level on the emotional scale.
I hope it out got him down from outta-control to plain exhausted.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Coder wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:55 pm I do what any self-respecting person does when cultists are around: when in person nod my head in agreement to what they tell me about their cult (politics), commiserate with my immediate family where we agree, and avoid political discussion on the internet. Sometimes I feel like a fraud, but eh, it seems a simpler option than getting all upset
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've come home several days with my soul literally aching because I was forced to support an ideal or position publicly that deep down I despised.

The one that hit the hardest I wrote about here a few years ago, when a group of people were having a go at transgender culture. As I was at work and dressed "normally" they looked at me and pretty much expected me to share in the fun, to which I basically obliged. I hated myself for that.

Anyway, time is healing the shock of what happened January 6th... already locals are ready to tar and feather anyone who doesn't rebuke Biden, they've completely gotten over what happened a few weeks ago, and this sh!t is starting all over again.

I worked a short day today, and had to listen to no fewer than three people rant and complain about how this nation is going to die a miserable death... not because of the Oligarchs that Carl often writes about... but simply because there is a Democrat in the white house now.

I see many "liberals" standing up against what the "far left" is doing (see Bill Maher for some examples, Jessie Ventura, etc) they don't approve of "cancel culture", antifa, etc. So yes, liberals will call out their own party... but often times Trumpies don't. Brad seems to be a rare exception, but he is the exception, not the rule.

Now that it's been a few weeks, I'm seeing the "right" back to making excuses for Trump, and kicking dirt at the current president and his administration.

I will admit after the insurrection, I've about run out of patience with the extreme right rhetoric.

As a war veteran and considering your post in the past. I know you are conservative (despite your liberal fashion choices), but I always figured your primary loyalty [regarding the president] was to the office, not the holder.

Trump was my president, just as he is yours.

Biden is now my president, just as he is yours.

And in four years it may be someone else. That's just the way it is.

Hell man, I even said to you a while back that I'd gladly lend Ivanka my ear and give her a chance if it came down to it... but nobody is willing to give Biden or Harris a chance. Buddy, we're stuck with them for better or worse for the next four years like it or not.

Let's give them a chance, and if they screw something up, let's stand UNITED and hold them accountable! We really don't have a choice anyway..

I was curious as to your opinion on the insurrection, but was afraid to ask. If you supported it, please just ignore my question.

This is the U.S.A., we're going to have to learn to live together. A house divided always falls, and everyone is a LIBERAL to some extent.... unless you live among the Amish...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
MrSoapsud

Post by MrSoapsud »

JennC03 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:45 pm We have but Carl can only do so much the Rogue Moderator needs to be called out.I personally think he needs replacing but I don't handle all that.Thanks I hope you have a wonderful day Brad.
I raised my concerns about a certain moderator privately with Carl after he started a thread with a reference to what I believe is known as "fake news". I wasn't sure that was appropriate.
Then came this other thread with references to events in Europe which I doubt were used accurately, topped off if I remember rightly with a post including the phrase "Heil Biden", followed by using his privilege to lock the thread.
As someone who lives on the edge of Europe, any references to a certain Mr H have a little more meaning and deserve closer scrutiny. It may come as a surprise that the US were rather late to the first 2 world wars, although the likelihood of them starting the 3rd has receded somewhat in the past few days!
I don't know much about Mr Biden but I doubt there are many similarities between a (perhaps) slightly left of centre, elderly US politician and a raging, right-wing fascist dictator. Indeed his predecessor perhaps bears closer comparison.
The other minor point which might be a surprise is that there are countries outside the USA and I believe the Cafe aims to be of use to them too.
I have valued Jenn's incites, being one of those whose wife doesn't approve of my skirt wearing so I would suggest the cafe would be devalued without her presence.
On the other hand I have noticed that the aforementioned moderator tends to state the "rules" of skirt-wearing quite forcibly at times.
I know who I'd rather remain a contributor here...
Best
M
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Jen between kingfishes comments and Mr soapsud calling him a Fascist dictator how could you ever say this is a trump blog I don't see anything positive being said about Trump

Yes President Biden is now the leader and he will get a much better chance than Trump ever did.
MrSoapsud

Post by MrSoapsud »

oldsalt1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:16 pm Jen between kingfishes comments and Mr soapsud calling him a Fascist dictator how could you ever say this is a trump blog I don't see anything positive being said about Trump .
I specifically did not call Mr Trump a fascist dictator. I was referring to a comment likening Mr Biden to one. Please don't quote me inaccurately.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

oldsalt1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:16 pm Jen between kingfishes comments and Mr soapsud calling him a Fascist dictator how could you ever say this is a trump blog I don't see anything positive being said about Trump

Yes President Biden is now the leader and he will get a much better chance than Trump ever did.
I gave Trump a chance you least forget I voted for him in 2016 in 2020 I went a different route.How the above two feel has nothing to do with me.Again I said my peace relating to a locked thread that's now been unlocked.I can be held accountable for my own opinions but I will not be held accountable for someone else's.

This isn't for debate and this thread isn't aimed for a flame war so please remain civil in responding to each other.
Last edited by Elisabetta on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

oldsalt1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:16 pm Yes President Biden is now the leader and he will get a much better chance than Trump ever did.
Not by me, he gets the same scrutiny that they all do on my account. Yes I supported him to get Trump out of the picture, but I will hold him accountable to do his job.

In fact I've even got Senator Warner's (D) office number saved in my phone, I leave him opinions on his answering machine often.... good or bad... :wink:
-Andrea