Been Away

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Been Away

Post by rick401r »

I don't post very often but I would always check new posts. Well, I've been away for the last couple of months due to health issues.
First of all I walked into the main desk at the hospital and told the receptionist "I think I'm having a heart attack." It turned out I was indeed having some type of cardio related episode that had me in a hospital bed for a week and 1/2.
After I had been home for another week I was back in with Pneumonia and fluid around my heart and lungs.
Now I'm home again, taking a multitude of drugs, shuffling around the house just trying to take care of myself. Being recently widowed there is no one to help me. I do have a nurse stopping by twice a week to take my vitals but that's all.
I guess I'm throwing myself a pity party so grab a party hat and a refreshing beverage and join in.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Been Away

Post by crfriend »

Wow, Rick, that's rotten news all the way 'round. Hopefully it'll be all passed in another couple of weeks' time!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Wow Rick, :-o

I know where with all you speak as I have been there a couple of times. I too live alone and must be careful of another heart episode. I don't even have a nurse to come in so you are lucky there. I live way out in the boonies and some of the ambulance drivers have a hard time finding me. So take care my friend and keep in touch with us here at the SC. :thumright:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

My prayers will be with you, brother. You were most wise not to ignore the symptoms, so I would assess your prognosis as good.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...