Symbols of power!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Symbols of power!

Post by moonshadow »

Grok wrote:The first hoop? A man should appear to conform to traditional masculinity.
And the last hoop in that obstacle course typically finds the man single, alone, paying child support, living with his mother, or worse... in jail.

If you're looking for a woman, and the woman you find insist you behave in the "stereotypical American alpha masculine" manner, best to find yourself another woman... preferably one who has some depth and is not a bimbo.

If you're already married to a woman who wants the type of man I mentioned above, then I don't know what to tell you. It really comes down to two choices, stand up for yourself, or yield to her authority.

But make no mistake, in that case, you're the one granting her the authority. It's a dirty rotten double standard, and it needs to be called out. Or else she needs to be the typical 1950's housewife... as Carl says "full stop"

These girls can't have it both ways. Fair is fair and equal is equal.... nuff said.

The feminist say they (women) are not on this planet serve our egos. I agree with this... however the same goes for women. Men are not on this planet to serve women's egos either.

And that's really what it boils down to, she's embarrassed to be seen with you... tell her to get over it, or by God go puritan on her ass.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:And that's really what it boils down to, she's embarrassed to be seen with you... tell her to get over it, or by God go puritan on her ass.
Two words: Wierd Al.
:hide:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:
moonshadow wrote:And that's really what it boils down to, she's embarrassed to be seen with you... tell her to get over it, or by God go puritan on her ass.
Two words: Wierd Al.
:hide:
Yeah, or Dennis, just getcha a dress like mine! Go puritan "men in skirts/dresses" style! :lol:

Get one of those little bonnets and the old lady can get one of those costume beards and a brim hat! :D 8) :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Go puritan "men in skirts/dresses" style! :lol:
"We're gonna party like it's 1699!"

I had quite enough of the 17th Century in dealing with the Might and Majesty of the State back in 2015/16. I don't think that Massachusetts will ever outgrow Puritanism. {spit!} "Sinners ye are, and sinners ye shall remain!" (Or, "We put the 'criminal' in 'criminal justice'.") If I didn't have fairly deep roots here I'd probably flee tomorrow.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I was thinking about a web site/forum, The Brotherhood of the Kilt.

We have been experiencing the first step, mavericks trying one pipe. Maybe the next step will be a fraternity? Strength in numbers?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, I don't know if a skirt/kilt is a "symbol of power", but it's certainly a symbol of a man who's brain ticks a different way that most.
-Andrea