Two Kilts on M6

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Two Kilts on M6

Post by skirttron »

When I stopped at motorway services on the northern section of the M6 last week, I was delighted to glance another kilt wearer; in fact, my wife at first thought that "Kilt 2" was me.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Did he spot you too? I've been wondering if kilted guys wave or nod in recognition when they meet in passing.

Quiet Mouse
sterlin6

Post by sterlin6 »

Skirt Chaser wrote:Did he spot you too? I've been wondering if kilted guys wave or nod in recognition when they meet in passing.

Quiet Mouse
Here in Scottieland if I meet another kiltie we usually always speak nd discuss the usual what tartan is it ,who made it for you and then about accessories etc in general. I always ask about public reaction and we chat about that also. Even though kilts are accepted in Scotland because of the National dress thing its not everyday you will see men wearing them.
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirttron »

When I'm wearing my modern kilt, I say it's the Clan Denim tartan. In fact, I bought two of my kilts in Edinburgh, since they seem to be cheaper there once you get off Princes Street and its tributaries. I go up past the castle to shops like Heritage of Scotland. Strangely, I seem to get more kilt comments in Scotland than south of the border. I just saw "Kilt 2" exiting as I was going into the cafe, so we did not get a chance to talk. I have also seen a black-kilted guy in Bristol, but again at a distance. I now go kilted in a lot of my spare time, and completely openly, luckily with my wife's blessing.