Swayed by suade

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Swayed by suade

Post by Stu »

Yesterday, while shopping in Sainsbury's supermarket, I spotted a brown suade skirt on the "SALE" rack - my size too. It is very supple, slightly A-line and it's fully lined. It had originally been priced at £35, then reduced to £17, and finally down to £10.50. I bought it and wore it to...believe it or not...a snooker match at a local club. I teamed it with a matching brown "EVERLAST" sweatshirt, cream socks and grey plimsoles.

Now straight denim skirts are, as we have said many times, invisible. I discovered that brown suade ones certainly aren't. Quite a few people gawked at me, but only one mentioned the skirt and that was when we were queing to leave. That was by a thick-set, bald man who was with his extremely pretty girlfriend. "That's different", he said, grinning. "I like to be different", I replied, and beamed back at him. His girlfriend joined in with, "That'd suit me. Can I try it on?" I responded with, "My mummy warned me about strange women like you wanting to try my skirts on".

Five minutes or so, while I was walking through the car park, the couple passed me in their car. He sounded his horn and both waved to me in a friendly way. So I came away feeling OK

Stu
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

Stu wrote:"My mummy warned me about strange women like you wanting to try my skirts on".
:clap: I'll have to remember that response. I've at times had women tell me they would love a skirt like mine. If I had thought of what you said it would have been a great reply. Kudos to you for your wit.
Freedom since July 3, 2004.

Genius can be recreated - Stupidity is irreplaceable. -The Satirist 2004-
Rogon

Post by Rogon »

A few years back I had a skirt custom made for me using synthetic Suede (polyester) and get more compliments from it than any other skirt. I took the idea from a skirt that I had bought but was too small. It's an A-line with buttons (functional) from top to bottom in the front. I had the seamstress reverse the button pattern to "men's wear", left over right and had the belt loops oversized to accommodate a wider belt. I don't wear it too often as it has to be dry cleaned but it's, very honestly, the most comfortable skirt I own. And, the girls love it. :bounce:

Rogon
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

This is slightly off topic - but at my place of work we have a tradition in which, when a member of staff is leaving our organisation, they bring cakes/buns/biscuits (cookies) to work on their last day and takes them around to everyone. Today, a delightful young lady called Abi was having her last day with us and she called in my office with a huge tray stacked with a sumptious sweetmeat and a jug of whipped cream.

"Mmm!" I said, "so this is your valedictory cake, is it, Abi?"

"No," she replied, looking bemused, "It's banoffee"

Stu
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Ditto

Post by Since1982 »

I have a maroon suede skirt that's straight and just knee length. I love it in the winter when it's a bit cooler than now. Very nice material. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Tim Stannard

Post by Tim Stannard »

LOL Nice one Stu.
Perhaps its just as well she was leaving.

Or is it just us oldies that know what a valedictory is?
While I was sitting and reading,
a thought just entered my head,
If I can't wear a skirt while I'm living,
I certainly can't when I'm dead!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Valedictory

Post by Since1982 »

I was a Validictorian at University of Miami Florida in 1962. I know what it is. But then again, I'm old too. LOL:ninjajig: :clap:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
trainman
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, Land Down Under!

Post by trainman »

Vali... What the heck are you guys talking about?

Just kidding, I'm far too poorly educated to not know what a Validictorian is!
Trainman is...

...Geek in Goth clothing!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Valiumdictorian?

Post by Since1982 »

A lot of the kids my age in college were in fact Valiumdictorians...That was in the days before Crank, Crack, Ecstasy, ad infinitum existed.