out and about the weekend

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

out and about the weekend

Post by Ron »

I spent the weekend wearing my denim kaftan and my denim
utilikilt and seeing I am on vacation this week yet
I plan on spending as much time wearing a kilt or kaftan as I can
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I took my wife down to Corfe Castle in Dorset. Corfe Castle is a ruined 12th century castle. She wore a skirt, I wore a corduroy Union kilt. WE did the trip around the castle, no comments from anyone.

After, we took the steam train into Swanage. Again, no comments, perhaps some looks.My wife tells me some old boy looked at me, but she couldn't read his expression as to what he thought (who cares anyway?).

We took the train back to Corfe, sharing the carriage with a lot of sweaty football supporters. I thought that if there were going to be any comments about my 'skirt', it would be now - not a murmer :)

The kilt was a bit hot for sitting in the car, so I changed into a light sarong for the journey home - bliss. If you get too hot, you can pull it up to cool your legs, and push it down if you get cold. Beats trousers every time for comfort.

A very pleasant day out, with a very pleasant breeze where most men have never experienced it :) (no, I wasn't regimental).

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Charlie wrote:If you get too hot, you can pull it up to cool your legs, and push it down if you get cold. Beats trousers every time for comfort.
This is not just for when driving -- you can also do it whilst sitting at a desk with "modesty panels" (also known as skirts). The best part is that you can pull the skirt up to let the heat escape, and it falls back down quite naturally when you stand up! It's the best of many worlds.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!