Spotted a Utilikilt in the wild

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Spotted a Utilikilt in the wild

Post by MtnBiker »

I've just been on vacation with my wife & a few select in-laws. We had a great time.

Monday we were in Estes Park, Colorado, eating lunch at a fantastic Mexican place by the river.

My brother-in-law spotted him first and pointed him out -- a guy in a tan Utilikilt. I rarely see them other than at a festivals, and they had never seen one, so I thought it worth mentioning here.

btw, I was wearing my Mountain Hardwear hiking kilt (which is really a hiking skirt, as there are no pleats and it even wraps to the left). I wore this thing many many hours (I have 2, plus I had access to a clothes washer) on vacation. I wore it out to dinner on the warm evenings, and all around Fort Collins and Estes Park, as well as on 3 hikes. I don't think anyone even noticed. But I was equalled in comfort only by the guy in the Utilikilt :)
jlhansen

Well ...

Post by jlhansen »

MtnBiker wrote:a guy in a tan Utilikilt. I rarely see them other than at a festivals, and they had never seen one, so I thought it worth mentioning here.
I attended a house concert (Danny Scmidt) in Portland Tuesday night (wearing my green UTK) and in walked an another gent wearing a tan workman's. I received several comments (all positive) regarding my choice of attire.

One guy came up to me and asked if he had missed getting the memo (ie ... I presume he was speaking about he too should have worn a likt). When Danny started his set, he sang his first song in tribute to the two guys wearing kilts ... the most he has seen in one place outside of Scotland.

A very enjoyable evening ... John

ps ... if you are interested in some great eclectic singer/songwriter music check this out ... (http://www.dannyschmidt.com/index2.html)
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Well, there was...

Post by Kilted_John »

Another guy in Portland, OR this past weekend in a UK... Me. Went down to a Volvo parts swap meet and garage sale. Wore my black Survival, sans cargo pockets, most of the day. Was the only way to go.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo