NYC-area MIS get-together?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

NYC-area MIS get-together?

Post by AMM »

Are there any MIS's and/or fellow-travellers in the New York City (USA) area that would be
interested in getting together?

I was thinking along the lines of a picnic in a park or something, but I'm open to suggestions.

While I have no reason to suppose that we would have anything in common besides our sartorial
eccentricities, it would be interesting to find out whether and how I'm mistaken.

-- Alan McKenney
Thanks for all the fish.
siri

well, hello!

Post by siri »

hi alan.... just saw your posting.

history in this cafe (if you've the time or inclination to research) will tell you that rallying up excitement in the nyc area has, for the past several years, been a lost cause.

i don't mean in any way to discourage you in your outreach, however.

if i see that anything's planned or close to being, i'll fire up my radar.

a picnic in a park sounds like a wonderful idea.

feel free to send me a private message and we can explore.

happy may.

regards,

siri
** remember to flatten your pleats **
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

I recall seeing a posting by someone in Yonkers (a student at Sarah Lawrence?) a few months ago who was trying to rally the MIS in the area to "come out" more. I gather he was not satisfied with the response.

That's why I suggested something a little more low-key.

Speaking for myself, I'm not ready to be "out" in my town. While I'm not going to lie, I don't really want to have to deal with possible negative reactions from my ex until the kids are in college.

But I don't mind pushing my limits farther from home, like in Central Park or New Jersey. Especially if there are a few other folks who are dressed similarly. (One is a nut case, two is a club, three is a new religion -- or something like that.)

Hey, if it's good enough for the NYPD.... (anyone recall the story of a police convention in Washington, DC a few years ago, where some NYPD cops made headlines with their, ah, unrestrained behavior? I seem to recall stories of some participants sliding down bannisters wearing nothing but a gun belt. A bunch of guys wearing denim skirts seems tame by comparison.)

-- AMM
Thanks for all the fish.
me012247

Post by me012247 »

Let's go to Key West!!! Skip is down there..the weather is beautiful and there is Sloppy Joes.
Wouldn't ist be the right place for skirt wearing folks?
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]It is Snowing Down South[/FONT] :ninjajig: :cheer: