Kilted to the Capital

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Kilted to the Capital

Post by skirttron »

I am on my own for a short while and feel inclined to head for London in my kilt at the weekend unless something gets in my way. I think I will visit some historic monuments and maybe art galleries. I have a short attention span so I might get round quite a few. Anyway, if I go I will put a trip report on this site.
hiker

Post by hiker »

Hey, I'll be in London also on Saturday. I'm going to do the Tate Modern, maybe some of the churches. A little undecided.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

i did the national gallery in a kilt recently; it's a great gallery because of the spaciousness and the seating in practically every room. there's a cafe as well and right outside you have trafalgar square and loads of places to go. it's as multi-cultural as you could want; nobody will give you any hassle whatsoever!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirttron »

Hey Hiker,
I think I might do the Tate Modern too on Saturday (early afternoon probably), circumstances permitting - they'll think they are seeing double. I think I will come in via St. Paul's and the Millennium Bridge, since I believe they've fixed it now. I'll be in kilt and sweatshirt plus trainers.
hiker

Post by hiker »

Great, I'll try to get there early afternoon - no guarantees but you are right it will definitely surprise them. I'm thinking about wearing a skirt rather than a kilt for a change. Wore a kilt 3 times this week.