Dashiki kaftan

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Dashiki kaftan

Post by Ron »

I just got a couple new Dashiki kaftans
and thought I would post some pic's
I am going to try to wear these as much as possible
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Kaftans

Post by Since1982 »

Very nice, very colorful and look very comfortable. A good look for you. I just got 4 new skirts in the mail yesterday and am wearing one of them now. It's a khaki twill straight skirt that has a belted waist with elastic in the rear, goes to the lower knee length, and has a 6 inch walking vent in the back. It's very comfortable and I'm planning on getting my SO to take some pictures as soon as I unpack them all. I'll vary them with the picture I'm now using in my avatar as soon as they are taken. I bought identical twill skirts in 4 colors, khaki, black, white and navy blue. They are in a closeout and I couldn't pass for the price. $16.99 each new.:cool:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

yes they are very comfortable,
if I had my way I would not own any pants
and would wear a kaftan all the time
they are available here if anyone is wanting to get some:

http://www.hippieshop.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/4012

they call them a dashiki dress
deebee

Post by deebee »

Just had a look round their website. Wow! It's not what I'd choose, but that's not the point. It's good to see something different on offer.

David.
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirttron »

Well it sure is cheap anyway. Doesn't do much for the figure but what the heck.
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

hippieshop.com is were I got them from
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

pants

Post by Since1982 »

Ron wrote:if I had my way I would not own any pants
I own one pair of denim cutoffs. Just in case I get mistakenly arrested and have to go to jail. Every other pair of trousers I had, like 10 pair, I have converted to skirts. Back before I went public with my skirts, I had 11 pair of pants and that was it. 3 khaki and 8 denim, mostly cutoffs that were so much alike that they might have been made on an assembly line. THE Lemming look....No more for me. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

I agree the lemming/clone look is not for me eather.
Foppy

Post by Foppy »

Hey, saw your pics at the other board too. Nice progress on your hair, and that's a cool outfit you've got. :cool:
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

Thanks,witch other board?
Foppy

Post by Foppy »

Ron wrote:Thanks,witch other board?
The men's long hair hyperboard.
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

ok,yes I hang around that one too
ashtree

Only Satin and Silk

Post by ashtree »

Hi, friends.
I also wear caftans at home. I work almost 15-16 hours a day, both at the office and home, weekends too (I'm a translator), and satin caftans help me to cope with the stress somehow. But cotton means nothing to me. It doesn't give that wonderful feeling, the satin or nylom can give to your body...
Best
Ashtree
ashtree
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

I wish I could wear kaftans all the time,but with working
in a factory job will not permit it,how ever I want to wear a kaftan as
much as possible when not at work
ashtree

Post by ashtree »

Hi, Ron,
I do not wear them at the office either:) Now I'm in a suit and necktie, LOL:) But when I get home, I immediately chahge to caftan or nightgown & robe.
My former boss (when I worked as an employee, now the business is mine) is an old hippie like you too, bori in 1953. And once he told me, that in 1967 they got maried with his wife...in caftans. I'm a typical "teenager of 80's" , so I remember Eurhytmics, Duran-Duran , Alfaville etc. But my favorite rock group is Chicago, from your hippie era...So, i'm a little bit hippie in my soul too, despite being a successful Yupee:)
ashtree