Spotting men in skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Spotting men in skirts

Post by Since1982 »

I just watched Godfather II this morning for about the umpteenth time and noticed something I never really noticed before. About half way thru the movie young Vito and Clemenza steal a rug for Vito to return a favor. Young Vito's wife is very happy with the rug, and young Santino, their first child, is playing on the rug at about age 1...He's wearing a dress. A regular girls dress. I never noticed that in the past when watching that movie. Then later, when the grown Michael Corleone goes to visit Miami to see Hyman Roth, Roth's wife comes in with glasses of water. She's wearing a pink dress with a huge petticoat under it and that brought back memories of my late teens and early 20's in the late 50's and early 60's when about half of all women wore the exact same type clothes. The other half wore very tight pencil skirts with very obvious slips or petticoats stuffed inside so tightly that they could barely walk. It's interesting that the first time I ever saw Godfather II I never noticed either of these things. I'm just very grateful I found Toms Cafe and started wearing skirts again in public. Thanks to all the fellow skirters for helping me on the right path. :):clap: ~pray~ :think:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
me012247

Post by me012247 »

Driving to Ft.Lauderdale tonight wearing my new black skirt with 2 pleats on the sides. I decided that my black slip has to show a bit when I enter the lobby of the Hyatt. It is much more fun when people don't know where to look and what to think ;)
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]It is Snowing Down South[/FONT] :ninjajig: :cheer:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

umm black slip

Post by Since1982 »

you think people are going to look closely enough to see that you have a black slip under a black skirt????? Black on black usually just looks black, no?
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
me012247

Post by me012247 »

They noticed it, skip :)...it has a 2" band of lace
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]It is Snowing Down South[/FONT] :ninjajig: :cheer:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

???

Post by Since1982 »

Black lace??? Black lace on a black slip under a black skirt might just look like something is coming apart on the edge. Sorta like the "first timer wearing a skirt in public said, I'm wearing a full floral squaredancing skirt with 2 full petticoats under it and they are bright red and bright yellow. I'm also wearing an ankle length overcoat".

One might mention if what he's wearing can't be seen it's as if he's not wearing it, no? :) :question: :confused:

me012247

Post by me012247 »

I am confused now ;)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

I'm confused

Post by Since1982 »

I just don't know why you don't prefer contrasting colors, that's all, with a skirt/slip combination of a black skirt (of which I have several) I would (personally) use either a white slip or a beige slip I have IF I wanted anyone who noticed I was wearing a slip to see the edge of it easily. If I didn't want folks to see my slip then I'd surely go for a black slip under a black skirt. But you said you DO want folks to see the edge of your slip "peeking" out from under your skirt. All the slips I have do have also lace at the hem so there's no difference between us that way. Of course you have the right to do it anyway you please, I was just trying to understand why black on black was preferable. Your friend, Skip :)

me012247

Post by me012247 »

I like contrasting colors too however, however :) this was my 1st >slip showing< trip. That's why black and black ;)
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

I'm sorry, I don't think we'll win any acceptance points by being mildly exhibitionistic in our skirting; people will just think that men in skirts are kinky.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Never do tho

Post by Since1982 »

I did say IF I wanted that. Personally, I NEVER allow any slip to show at my hems. The ONLY way anyone could see anything but my skirt would be if I lost my balance and fell or came out of the men's room without properly arranging my underclothes and then it would simply be an accident which would be immediately fixed upon knowing of the problem. This has happened to me only once at Bingo, a little old lady noticed it and was very nice about it with a "It's snowing down south" comment. I became embarrassed, went back in the loo and fixed the problem. I'm (unlike some others, not neccessarily here) usually am very careful to maintain a clean neat appearance so no one can say anything untoward about anything I'm wearing unless they are just looking for trouble.

r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

while i have no major problem if i see a slip showing (it is a bit sexy to see a woman's slip peeking out), it IS underwear. i don't belond to the "let's all let our drawers hang out" generation, and i don't like having MY underwear exposed. if a slip is worn, i make sure i've taken every precaution that it isn't exposed.

the only time i make exception is in a skirt that has a slit. this often makes it impossible to avoid some amount of slip showing.

i don't want to see your underwear unless i'm being sexually attracted to you. maybe i'm just showing my generation...
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Bob wrote:I'm sorry, I don't think we'll win any acceptance points by being mildly exhibitionistic in our skirting; people will just think that men in skirts are kinky.
Cannot but agree with Bob, Skip & R1g0r. If the idea of deliberately flaunting underwear is 'provocative', just what reaction are you (or anyone else, for that matter) trying to provoke? The likeliest (probably unspoken!) reaction from the ladies will run along the lines of: "Just look at that poor bloke trying to wear a skirt! Cannot even manage to control his underwear! Shouldn't be allowed out on the streets!"
me012247

Post by me012247 »

It just makes me feel good....maybe the same way it does when a woman shows a bit of lace. Isn't that the reason why most of us like that "view" of a hint of lace from time to time?
So..what is wrong with it when I do it?? Is it because I am a guy ? If so, why in the first place I wear skirts?
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Why you wear skirts?

Post by Since1982 »

I don't know why you do. I wear them because they are far more comfortable than trousers. Not to get some sexual thrill. Since I've BEEN wearing them off and on for 64 years I think that if there ever was anything tittilating about the experience, (and I don't actually remember any) it wore off long long ago. I wear skirts to get away from the sharp cloth edge in the crotch of trousers, I wear a slip to protect my skin from inner seams or to become warmer on a chilly day. I do NOT wear slips to have lace "peeking" out any more than another poster once was talking about how much he enjoyed showing his pretty pink panties to women. I don't look on the skirting experience as anything other than an alternative clothing choice. Because I'm hefty, I leave the lace on slips to stop a rough edge from happening if the lace is cut off. Because I wear straight skirts, any slip I wear is always right against my skin and a cutoff edge would/could cause abrasion that I'd really rather not have.

Now, that having been said, if you want to wear skirts/lacy slips for a sexual thrill that is your own business and you, like I and all others have a right to do it your own way. However, there is a whole group of men that wear clothes considered fem for sexual gratification. They are known as TV, CD, or TS. Sometimes the lines blur. Usually the boundaries can be easily seen tho. A bloke in a shimmering gold skintight skirt, a pink "top", long "beauty shopped" hair and nails, 7 inch spike heels and so much makeup that they slightly resemble a clown isn't what I have come to believe this site is meant for. Perhaps I'm wrong, I have been before, but for some unknown reason, I don't think I am.:silenced:

isobar

Post by isobar »

Since1982 wrote:I wear skirts to get away from the sharp cloth edge in the crotch of trousers
Skip, maybe you just need to get the right sized trousers!
Dom