Monument Avenue Easter Party

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Steven W

Monument Avenue Easter Party

Post by Steven W »

I enjoyed a great kilted easter this past Sunday. A tradition we have here in Richmond is a fun block party called "Easter on Parade" down in the Museum district. Monument avenue is closed for 2 blocks, and it's turned into a fun festival with music, food, and fun. All sorts of eater costumes and decour could be seen here...even on our canine friends too!

While I was listening to a band play, I met another lad there with his family who was wearing a black Amerikilt. He didn't live too far away, and actually walked over to the party. We chatted it up about all sorts of stuff. We never caught the name of the band though, it was some great music though. This was the only other man I saw kilted down there. I did receive a few complements from some of the other folks down there though. Many people thought it was really neat!
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Post by MtnBiker »

Wow Steven, very cool. I had wanted to make it down to monument avenue but had too full of a day as it was, without it.

I still want to see you (and have my wife see you) in that H&M skirt up at the mall. We should plan a skirt awareness day where we each wear one while visiting some shops in the mall.

I've been in my homemade floor length denim skirt, several times. I get either complete indifference or pleasing compliments.

That reminds me ... I was talking the other day about how I was yet to see a skirted man but I didsee a guy in a black unbifurcated garment of some sort, at La Diff downtown.

oh yeah, monument avenue -- great job!
Steven W

Post by Steven W »

That's totally cool! You may have seen the same guy I did. I can't remember his name, but he was a tall, sort of skinny man with dark hair in sort of a buzz type hair cut.

I have seen a student a few times around the MCV-VCU campus wearing skirts. I've seen him twice wearing a dark blue, below the knee skirt. He had on a plaid shirt one time, and a T-shirt the next. Each time I saw him, I was driving, and he was walking around the campus, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet.

Your skirt awareness idea sounds like fun. We'll hafta get together sometime at a restaruant or for a beer or something (dunno if you drink) or just a good time somewhere. I think it would be interesting to see the reaction of not just one, but two or more guys in M.U.G.'s in the same place!
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Post by MtnBiker »

Steven W wrote: Your skirt awareness idea sounds like fun. We'll hafta get together sometime at a restaruant or for a beer or something (dunno if you drink) or just a good time somewhere. I think it would be interesting to see the reaction of not just one, but two or more guys in M.U.G.'s in the same place!
Basically, name the place & time & I'm there!

Suggestions ... the new Caribou Coffee in Short Pump Mall, Chipotle, really anywhere out here. I suggest some place where the lunch time crown from Innsbrook businesses would be, for maximum exposure.

Cary Street would be good too.