Do I look like a priest or what?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Do I look like a priest or what?

Post by skirttron »

Yesterday, I checked out at my local supermarket wearing black kilt & top plus black trainers and an interesting wooden necklace I bought in one of those earth magic shops.

The assistant said she was fascinated by my skirt, and did I wear it because of my religion?

I wonder what religion requires its male members to wear skirts. Sounds an interesting idea. I wish I had thought of a wittier reply, but all I could think of was, "No, I just find it more comfortable".
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Good excuse

Post by Since1982 »

That's a good excuse, when asked why are you wearing a skirt you can now say, "It's because of my religion". When queried as to what religion you are, you can make one up on the spot. ie: "The Sepulchre of the Unbifurcated Garment" or "Christian Missionaries for believers of the Right to wear Skirts" or perhaps "Supporters of the Religious Right to wear MUGs" or you can tell people that need a reason that you are fighting for the right to wear the same type clothing Jesus wore and in your knowledge Jesus never wore trousers in his life. At least the Bible doesn't quote any passages where he wore them. I think Jesus rode donkeys or burros or asses, and sat side saddle on them. At least that's what all the published pictures of HIM riding an ass showed. This is my opinion and anyone is welcome to not agree with me. :):think:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Why am I wearing a skirt? It's heaven on earth :)

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I for one am a member of the Grand Order of The Harbingers of The Stumpy Monk.
If that doesn't confuse them nothing will!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
deebee

Post by deebee »

skirttron wrote: The assistant said she was fascinated by my skirt, and did I wear it because of my religion?
Better than a smack in the teeth, and at least she gave it some thought, even if it was a bit of odd question!

David.
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

I had a similar question once at the grocery. I answered the same as you, it's just more comfortable.
Freedom since July 3, 2004.

Genius can be recreated - Stupidity is irreplaceable. -The Satirist 2004-
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Do I look like a priest or what?

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Unlimited stride, freedom, comfort, and the luxury of dry underwear.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well... I'd say this response pinged out a few old email addresses...! :shock:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:Unlimited stride, freedom, comfort, and the luxury of dry underwear.
At least two of those I am not even going to comment on....oh what the heck.

How unlimited does stride need to be? I can't do the full splits anymore.

Definitely not commenting on anything to do with relative humidity. Nuh uh, no way.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re:

Post by Daryl »

The Satirist wrote:I had a similar question once at the grocery. I answered the same as you, it's just more comfortable.
My main response has changed from that to "I just don't like pants."
Daryl...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Re:

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Daryl wrote:
The Satirist wrote:I had a similar question once at the grocery. I answered the same as you, it's just more comfortable.
My main response has changed from that to "I just don't like pants."
AMEN! :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

A while back someone posted that a fellow member of a church had approached the parish priest in an attempt to get said member to stop wearing skirts to church. The reply was something along the lines of "how can I tell him not to wear a skirt when I wear a dress every Sunday?" In the Roman, Anglican and Uniting churches the priests/ministers wear an alb - effectively a white dress - for eucharist/mass services.

I keep reminding people that men in Australia do wear skirts quite frequently - they just refuse to label a towelling wrap-skirt more than a towel, a kilt or sarong as a skirt, and a dressing gown - we even use the word 'gown' - as a dress. My strong suspicion is that the refusal is because they consider it demeaning to wear a skirt - which shows what many men think about women.
Shalom
Steven
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Can you provide photos of Aussie men wearing skirts, I am curious what they look like, where they wear them, what styles are worn, and the prevelance of men wearing them. Is it a small part of the country or are they evenly distributed throughout society. Where are these skirts sold? Please let us know.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

skirts4me wrote:A while back someone posted that a fellow member of a church had approached the parish priest in an attempt to get said member to stop wearing skirts to church. The reply was something along the lines of "how can I tell him not to wear a skirt when I wear a dress every Sunday?" In the Roman, Anglican and Uniting churches the priests/ministers wear an alb - effectively a white dress - for eucharist/mass services.

I keep reminding people that men in Australia do wear skirts quite frequently - they just refuse to label a towelling wrap-skirt more than a towel, a kilt or sarong as a skirt, and a dressing gown - we even use the word 'gown' - as a dress. My strong suspicion is that the refusal is because they consider it demeaning to wear a skirt - which shows what many men think about women.
I find this quoted post interesting.....These days I do not relate my skirt outfit to female attire or status of the female but rather
to a more comfortable and lost style of male wear.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirttron wrote:Yesterday, I checked out at my local supermarket wearing black kilt & top plus black trainers and an interesting wooden necklace I bought in one of those earth magic shops.

The assistant said she was fascinated by my skirt, and did I wear it because of my religion?...
If you haven't heard this from me before: "Well, I was meditating one day and it occurred to me that nobody in the Bible ever wore pants."
Last edited by Caultron on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron