Behind you and to the right......

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Ash

Behind you and to the right......

Post by Ash »

Hi all,
I was out shopping and what-not on Saturday morning in the city, wearing an ankle-length denim skirt. Post office, library, bookshop absolutely no hassle or comment. Started walking up a tree-lined pedestrian walk-way called New Walk (laid out by some Victorian landscape artist of minor stature), two guys coming the other way, slightly rough-looking, after they had gone maybe 15 yards past, one of them yelled out 'he's got a skirt on and everything, even carrying a handbag' (cue line from 'The Importance of Being Earnest'). Actually it was a black leather shoulder bag, ideal for carrying necessaries around and avoiding stuffing one's pockets or carrying a bulky and cumbersome rucksack with nothing in it!
It does seem that when I do receive negative comments it's either from people in cars as they go by (gee, that's so clever and courageous), or from people who haven't the balls or integrity to say anything to my face as they walk towards me, but have to wait until they are safely past and behind me. And it's always when they are with at least one other guy. I think it's grandstanding, a silly pseudo-macho thing. Totally brainless.
One wonders if his friends have noticed his sudden interest in what other men are wearing???? Makes you think, doesn't it. Briefly.

All best wishes,
Ash
Daring to be different.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Agreed. I always assume guys who behave like this are gay as normal people aren't interested in what I'm wearing. They are best ignored but once when I was in an aggressive mood I turned round and told the pair of them to "f... off because I hate poofters". Drawing attention to their sexual orientation sure shut them up. I'm particularly homophobic, having lost a long term girlfriend to a transexual many years ago, although I'm now happily married. I do wear smart trousers sometimes, but would NEVER want to dress fem by wearing jeans. My kilts make a clear statement that I'm all man.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

poofters

Post by Since1982 »

I never saw or heard the term "poofters" in my life, what does it mean? I'm sure in my sheltered life in small towns that there are lots of words that might be relevant nowadays that I haven't seen or heard. I'd appreciate it if you could define it for me. Thanks, Skip:ninjajig: :shake: :think: ~pray~
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Ash

Post by Ash »

Skip,
It's a derogatory term aimed at gay people. I had thought, or hoped, that it has fallen out of use, but it appears not. I tend to associate it with rubbish British sitcoms from the '70s. And that's where it belongs. The Oxford English Dictionary identifies it as Australian in origin, first used in print in 1910, or thereabouts.

All the best,
Ash
Daring to be different.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Yes, indeed, Ash. Normally I try to be tolerant towards others but just because they are jealous that they don't have the balls to wear a kilt or skirt themselves doesn't give them the right to be rude and I do find it difficult to tolerate rude people, although the sensible option is to ignore them and pretend you didn't hear the remark, which is relatively easy to do since these people never have the guts to make such remarks to your face anyway.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/