In the pink

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Jock
Distinguished Member

In the pink

Post by Jock »

I dinnae ken aboot the rest o the world but here in Britain the colour of fashion this year for men is pink.

Now I've worn pink jumpers and shirts in the past with no adverse reaction but

would any of ye wear a pink skirt or kilt? :stir:

Jock

P.S. Sellers yes, Martin NO!
Jock MacHinery
===========
"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

I once had a pink tee-shirt which I only wore two or three times before handing it in to a thrift shop, so no, pink is not my colour. That said, last year I saw a guy in Stansted Airport wearing a pink skirt, and he boarded the same Easyjet flight which I went on to Newcastle, and I was favourably surprised at the way in which he was able to make what I would have considered as a woman's skirt and in a woman's colour perfectly acceptable on a man, with seemingly no comments from anyone. Although it probably helped that he was a big muscular guy with a beard.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Mary Jane Boy

Pink skirt

Post by Mary Jane Boy »

Jock wrote:I dinnae ken aboot the rest o the world but here in Britain the colour of fashion this year for men is pink.

Now I've worn pink jumpers and shirts in the past with no adverse reaction but

would any of ye wear a pink skirt or kilt? :stir:

Jock

P.S. Sellers yes, Martin NO!

Perhaps you missed this post of mine last week?

http://www.tomscafe.org/forums/showpost ... stcount=81
Mary Jane Boy

http://www.mary-janeshoes.com

"Mary Jane's - not just for girls anymore!"
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I wore a pink tee shirt with a brown corduroy kilt and received a compliment from a lady 'I like your shirt' :) She's seen me in the kilt before ...

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Jock
Distinguished Member

Mea culpa

Post by Jock »

Mary Jane Boy wrote:Perhaps you missed this post of mine last week?

http://www.tomscafe.org/forums/showpost ... stcount=81
OOoops - yes I did miss it.

...and the skirt looks very good. (it help that you have shapely legs!)
Jock MacHinery
===========
"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"
Eagle 95

Post by Eagle 95 »

heh...a couple years ago I couldn't go anywhere without seeing at least one guy in a pink shirt and/or hat. pink shirts, jerseys with a lot of pink, pink-trimmed baseball hats, and even pink-trimmed Nikes hit the streets; as I found out later, rapper Cam'ron likes pink and started wearing it frequently around that time, though the trend faded after rival rappers started (you guessed it) attacking his manhood. Oddly enough, I even read about a few schools banning pink clothing, as some gangs began wearing it prominently. then again, one school confiscated a girl's homemade bracelet (or necklace, I forget which) as the colors she used were considered gang colors. the hues in question? why, none other than red, white and blue :rolleyes:
heh, pink kilt? I can visualize one, though I can't think of anywhere I'd wear it. heh, maybe just put it on and go.
You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace
-Ernie Banks
:( Rest in Peace Quadrevion Henning and Purvis Virginia Parker