Find something really cool to wear? Post it (or the link) he

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
davereporter

Post by davereporter »

OK - my opinion (not fact just opinion so no flaming please)
1. The Larry B skirt - great, I love it and maybe the smallest size (14W) might just fit me. Definitely not too fem - I would like to see the back as I assume there must be a slit to allow for walking, if not it would be very hard to move in that thing. I tried one like it at Target in Oz and whilst the skirt fitted reasonably, the lack of movement made it a dud so I didn't buy it. That is why I like to try before buying rather than buying on line and hoping that it fits, allows for movement etc.

2. The Venus Swimwear skirt - I bought one like it and whilst it provided fantastic easy movement and if I was sloppy the ability to splay my legs without showing my knickers it just didn't work for me. I felt it was too girly and frankly I thought I looked ridiculous in it. I didn't even both showing it to anyone I just discretely took it to the charity bin where no doubt some chunky teenager or a 30 - 40 something women is happily wearing it now.

Yes I am conservative but given my background and family, the fact that I can wear any skirt has taken a lot of perservence and courage. I am comfortable in boring man clothes so maybe in a few years I might be prepared to push the boundaries but for now, I am sticking to the tried and accepted stuff.

Of course if others are happy to push the boundaries, power to them and I fully support you... just around this part of my town you get a few x-dressers (who do it extremely well mind you) and I just don't want to be caught up in their crowd. I respect them but wouldn't feel comfortable being considered one of them.

David
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

So Dave, where'd you get the Venus-like skirt at? Sounds like you found it in a larger size from the "chunky teenager" comment...

binx