Mountain Kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

here you go

Post by MtnBiker »

jlhansen wrote:Who will be the first to post a photo of themselves in their new Mountain Kilt?
http://www.tomscafe.org/forums/showthre ... #post71169
jlhansen

Nice photo ...

Post by jlhansen »

So kudos to you my friend, now who will be the 2nd?

John
Woodsman

Mountain Kilt

Post by Woodsman »

I already bought a Mountain Kilt last summer as my first kilt. I find it very relaxing comfortable for hiking. With a 32 inch waist I ordered the medium and it is about 21" and hangs just above the knew. However one of the snaps broke (may be due to expanding waistline!) and I can't seem to find a suitable replacement. I even tried writing to Mountain Hardwear - no response. Any ideas? Interestingly, this kilt can be worn using the belt only and no waist snaps. This is my first post.

Woodsman
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Mine just arrived!

Post by ChrisM »

They told it would come NEXT friday but it arrived today... Wow that was fast!

Yes, I'll post a picture as soon as I can.

It is, as I thought, shorter than I would otherwise wear being 24" from waist to hem, but I bought it as an investment in sending a message to retailers, more than even as something to wear.

I think I'll end up wearing in the hot Washington DC summers, probably over a speedo.

For that locale, I'm tempted to leave the tag on it prominently displaying "Men's."

more to follow....

Chris
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

ChrisM wrote:
For that locale, I'm tempted to leave the tag on it prominently displaying "Men's."

Chris
Yeah! Great idea! Mine's not going to be in until the 22nd.

binx
Foppy

Post by Foppy »

Woodsman wrote:I already bought a Mountain Kilt last summer as my first kilt. I find it very relaxing comfortable for hiking. With a 32 inch waist I ordered the medium and it is about 21" and hangs just above the knew. However one of the snaps broke (may be due to expanding waistline!) and I can't seem to find a suitable replacement. I even tried writing to Mountain Hardwear - no response. Any ideas? Interestingly, this kilt can be worn using the belt only and no waist snaps. This is my first post.

Woodsman
Welcome. :D
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

isobar wrote:How long is this? The ad doesn't say.
I have the XL-size (fits 36" waist) and it is 23" long.

http://uk.geocities.com/free2skirt/s094.htm

GerdG
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
isobar

Post by isobar »

GerdG wrote:I have the XL-size (fits 36" waist) and it is 23" long.
Ah, thanks. I prefer a bit longer. I have worn a wrap skirt from BHS that's exactly this length, but I felt it was a bit short for comfort (though not physical comfort!)
Dom
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Pix

Post by ChrisM »

OK, here's two snaps of me, in my newly arrived Mountain Kilt...tags still attached!

Oh dear...I can't get them to upload. I followed the "manage attachments" link, and then I 'browsed' to the file in question, and then I hit 'upload'

At that point I get "Server not found"

Perhaps I'll try later, or if somebody else more savvy is willing to assist, let me know of an address to which I can simply e-mail the photos.

Thanks!

Chris
DavidsSkirts

Credit Cards over the Internet ...

Post by DavidsSkirts »

David R wrote:I have a Mountain Kilt. (I have no trouble with credit card purchases from Australia.) It is a very good skirt for a man. It is stable in winds and even works seated as there is some drape in the front. I would certainly recommend it for warm weather use. I have worn this extensively and it must look right as you are hardly noticed. Even my wife is happy with it. With regard to size, I am 35" waist and Xtra-large fits perfectly. I am 6' tall and the length is perfect knee length. I would say that if your waist size was greater than 36" you may not fit even Xtra-large. For the relatively reasonable price, buy one and send a message to the manufacturers that there is a demand for men's skirts.

Here is the link to the supplier I purchased from.
http://www.mgear.com/pages/product/prod ... title=&N=0
I made a credit card purchase from REI last month and had no problems- they emailed me when they dispatched the order, and I received it - here in Australia - within a week of the send-date. (I believe it also pays to join REI at the time of first-purchase, so as to receive discounts and rebates, and regular news from that company...).Also, because their freight on international orders starts at $US42, it pays to have a more substantial order- like a minimum of $150 or so, to spread the pain a bit..
David...
Lake Macquarie (aka paradise..); NSW; Australia.
longshadows

Post by longshadows »

Just tried to order through REI, their "XL" size are "out of stock" (you guys got there first!!!!) There buyer must have assumed only "slim guys" < 36" waists would want this product. See, we're telling them something else!)

I'll try another retailer or let my order go as "back order" on REI.

(Send pictures!!!)
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Michael in Maine[/FONT]
Foppy

Post by Foppy »

longshadows wrote:Just tried to order through REI, their "XL" size are "out of stock" (you guys got there first!!!!) There buyer must have assumed only "slim guys" < 36" waists would want this product. See, we're telling them something else!)

I'll try another retailer or let my order go as "back order" on REI.

(Send pictures!!!)
Try http://www.TravelCountry.com. It's where I got mine, and I think they still have some XL's in stock (I got a large; hopefully it'll fit right).
Foppy

Just got mine in

Post by Foppy »

I have to say, I'm impressed with it. The only possible issue is that it's a little loose. Still, it may shrink a bit, and all in all it's pretty nice.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Travel Country

Post by Since1982 »

I got maybe a faster link to it at Travel Country, I hope this helps.

http://www.travelcountry.com/shop?Actio ... words=kilt
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Foppy

Post by Foppy »

Since1982 wrote:I got maybe a faster link to it at Travel Country, I hope this helps.

http://www.travelcountry.com/shop?Actio ... words=kilt
Thanks!

If you want fast shipping, Travel Country's the way to go. I made my order on Tuesday, and it got here in 48 hours. Plus, shipping is free on all orders over $50.