Yes, folks, It's the real (all of) ME

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Yes, folks, It's the real (all of) ME

Post by Since1982 »

This picture is 20 years newer than the one with the Alligator, the only 2 things that are constant with those 2 pictures are...I was 400 pounds then and still am, and the sunglasses I was wearing on my eyes in the Gator pic are the exact same circa 1970 sunglasses I am wearing around my neck in this new picture. Please folks, no "Skip, did you ever consider going on a diet."questions. The blanket answer is...ABSOLUTELY...probably 300 times on every diet thats been popular in the last 50 years or so. IF I opt for the Lap Belt procedure this coming summer in Vegas, It's very expensive and I'm not sure I can pay for it, then I'll probably lose most of the excess weight I've been carrying for 50 years. THAT would be a miracle. We'll have to see. Also, the BLOND hair I have in the picture is absolutely UN-fooled around with. At 64 I am very happy that my hair color is the same as it was when I was 20 or so. I also am very happy that my hairstyle is not the very common (for 64 year olds) Horseshoe haircuts. The other picture in my post is that of my 6 years live in girlfriend Judy with her brand new false teeth in. Notice she only wears TROUSERS...LOL She doesn't OWN a skirt/dress/unbifurcated garment.:shake:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Ash

cool shades!

Post by Ash »

Hi Skip,

Aren't those shades the same as Peter Fonda wore in 'Easy Rider'?

So how's the weather in your part of the world. Being a Brit I really have to know these things! Here it's a scratch above freezing, with a lazy north-east wind. I call it lazy 'cos it can't be bothered to go around, it just cuts straight through ya. Apparently spring is just around the corner, which means I must be lost in the maze of winter. It's all corners!!!!

Seriously, it's great to have a face to put with the name and the 'voice' on the screen. Hopefully when I get to grips with the technology I'll post up a couple of photos of yours truly. I guess it would help if I had a camera .....
Mmmmmm???
Major stumbling block that one. Needs some thought, methinks.

All best wishes,

Ash
Daring to be different.
crfriend
Master Barista

Confused? Say what?

Post by crfriend »

Since1982 wrote:IAnyway, to any that look at my pic and think otherwise, I am definitely NOT gender confused. I like wearing skirts for comfort and back and hip support (you may have noticed that I'm overweight, overweight persons often have back and hip support problems) and because I LIKE wearing them....Don't YOU????:cool: :crazy2: :ghost: :goodvibes: :crazyeyes
Having long hair is not at all a sign of being "gender confused", nor much of anything else, for that matter. Much noise has been emitted about this in the past (I got my share from my family) but it's statistically meaningless.

That said, I think you and your lady-friend make a good-looking couple. May you be happy together!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

skip, it's great to put a face to a name! thanks for the photos!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

iain wrote:skip, it's great to put a face to a name! thanks for the photos!
Hey! Ditto! Skip in a MUG...great! Wish I could have kept the long hair. Rockin' out on guitar in a kilt would look awesome...but I'm on the receding end of it.

binx
Mary Jane Boy

Post by Mary Jane Boy »

Hey Skip,

Some (one) of the moderators here thought my reply to your post was not in good taste. I guess they didn't see the smily face indicating it was tongue-in-cheek and so he deleted it.

I'm sure you and most others saw the humor in it, if not, I appoligise to you and everyone else who saw or missed it!
Mary Jane Boy

http://www.mary-janeshoes.com

"Mary Jane's - not just for girls anymore!"
Ash

Hair Pie

Post by Ash »

Hi all,

I had long hair for years, mainly in the '70s. Boy did it annoy my parents! I used to get the usual claptrap, 'you look like a girl with your hair like that!' Didn't matter a damn too me then. Still doesn't. I did a Samson and let a women cut it all off in the mid-80s. Never had the patience to grow it since. Back then it was the whole deal: flares, sandals made from car-tyres, kaftans, and of course the beads. I miss those days, and I miss my hair. I worked in industry then operating machinery and I was daily harangued about my hair. At it's longest it almost reached my navel when wet. Since it has a lot of wave in it it tended to have a mind of it's own, kinda like something from a 50s sci-fi movie trying to strangle me first thing in the morning. All gone now (sob, sob).
At least there remain ways and means of expressing my freedom and individuality. And yes, of course we all get the tired old nonsense about skirts making us look like girls. Only now it's not our elders saying it, but our youngers! (mostly)
I didn't pay any attention to their asinine comments then, and I don't now.
Skirt on brothers, we have nothing to lose but our trousers.

All best wishes,

Ash
Daring to be different.
ElBuitre

Post by ElBuitre »

Hey Skip, those are terrific pics! Great to see you in full color, matching your quite colorful posts here. And like others here, I envy your hair.
El Buitre

-- dresses are for dressing, dressings are for salads --
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Yep, great pics and a well equipped toyroom by the looks of things!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Thanks for sharing pictures of you and Judy, Skip. Don't let her win you over to the virtues of pants. :p

Quiet Mouse
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Some new news on that...LOL

Post by Since1982 »

Skirt Chaser wrote:Thanks for sharing pictures of you and Judy, Skip. Don't let her win you over to the virtues of pants. :p

Quiet Mouse
I've won HER over to the comfort of skirts. Ever since I bought a new Euro-Pro computerized sewing machine, she's been at it more than me, making new colorful tiered ankle length skirts for herself. She's probably spent over $300. on ebay material and needles, pins, measure tape etc. She hardly ever wears her "uncomfortable" trousers any more. She (when wearing trousers) gets ignored at the Grocery or anywhere else. Since she started wearing skirts, she gets compliments every day. Her trouser wearing may be a thing of the past. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/