Women's Reactions to Men in Skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Kilted_John wrote:There are a few other female members, namely Siri, Skirt Chaser, and KLL... There have been a few others, but they seem to disappear after a while.
Thanks for the mention, John. :)

I think for some women the interest in here just can't be kept up if they are just here to be supportive. Since I'm still so new here I enjoy that aspect but also stay because the Cafe is a resource to call on if Quiet Man needs it. Getting to blather on about him from time to time also serves my need to talk about myself enough, a situation other women might not be in yet.

Ooh, also I bet more women visit here when reading up on skirted men looking for information on how to cure their husband/boyfriend/relative than support them. :mad: It may also be women are active on the female boards to keep their complaints away from the men whose feelings could be hurt with an open discussion of how it affects the women even when they are openminded. Whatever the reason, it would be nice to hear from more girls. The message that men like you are cool in our eyes needs to be spoken loud and clear frequently.

Quiet Mouse
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

carlbn wrote:REALLY?? I've come to a different conclusion - concerning shaving: the beard expresses our feminine side. If you don't immediately see what I mean, think of Santa Claus ... and how shaving makes people look like cactuses, which might bear some connotations to - well, aggressive masculinity...
I've been told by more men than women I see regularly, that I look younger now without the beard. Does that translate into becoming aggressive? Nope, it removed the overall graying appearance.

binx
crfriend
Master Barista

Cute?

Post by crfriend »

mtnBiker wrote:I, for one, do not mind at all being called cute. Regardless of my state of bifurcation, I take it as a great compliment.
I do not mind it either. Mostly it's in the way it's delivered, and it's trivially easy to detect whether the commentator is being sincere, mocking, or downright insulting. Most, I suspect, are sincere. Although being in my mid-40s, 6'4", and almost 200 lbs, I don't particularly regard myself as "cute".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
sterlin6

Post by sterlin6 »

MtnBiker wrote:I, for one, do not mind at all being called cute. Regardless of my state of bifurcation, I take it as a great compliment.
I think the term cute means different things in different countries. In Scotland we tend to use it for small cuddly things. If however as has happened a lady from North America tells me Im cute in my kilt outfit then I take it as the compliment that is intended. I think RedRed means the same. That Scotsmen are good looking in their kilts.
risky1

Post by risky1 »

Cute can mean cuddly, it also is one of those terms girls use for everything they like.
Bravehearts.us
Member Extraordinaire

Here you go RedRed

Post by Bravehearts.us »

red_red wrote:
Sice when men started to wear kilts...?I don't know really at all...Or maby I rather say "What were the train of events that made from wearing the kilts a habit?"

10x for the reply anyway...:cheer:

http://www.bravehearts.us/mugsvspants.htm
Lar
Tim Stannard

Post by Tim Stannard »

Nice article Lar.
Very well put together.

Tim.
While I was sitting and reading,
a thought just entered my head,
If I can't wear a skirt while I'm living,
I certainly can't when I'm dead!
frankie_says

Great reaction today

Post by frankie_says »

Hiya,

Well today I did my usual rounds on lunch, coffee and lotto tickets and I had the greatest thing happen. Oh, I should mention what I was wearing first, I had on my brown flowered skirt, taupe stockings and red heels with ankle strap. So anywayz I was walking from my van to the entrance of the gas station where I get my tickets and I here this load "whooo hooooo" and I think to myself .... no... that ....couldn't be for me ....I turn and look and there is a young lady of about 28 (young to me lol I am 39) giving me the biggest smile and a thumbs up. So I stopped and smiled, and she said , "I love it!!! , you look awesome!!" and another "whooo hooo" and thumbs up, I said thank you very much.
This reaction to me is kind of like getting struck by lightning, I have had plenty of nice comments but never such an enthusiastic response from a beautiful young lady like that before.
Sure put a bounce in my step for today :) even if it is just one random reaction, it was awesome!

Frankie