skirts/kilts for men great idea

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
crfriend
Master Barista

"Time, gentlemen."

Post by crfriend »

Since1982 wrote:If you just drove through looking around you, you might have missed 6,000 men in skirts that didn't just happen to be where you looked..... :tomato:
The date on the first post here speaks volumes to those who listen to quiet words -- it was written almost *exactly* five years ago, and I do believe that some progress has been made in the interim. The fact that someone could so explicitly state that "I've got proof that skirts and kilts will never happen around here." with apparent sincerity then does hint that some movement has happened when it comes to men in skirts.

Now I don't know about Dayton; I've never been there. But I have been in some pretty "tough" parts whilst skirted and haven't gotten anything worse than a wolf-whistle (earlier this year).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

Hear, hear! The date was completely oblivious to me, I jumped the gun! :oops: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: I do wear my kilts all the time at the local college where I got my first degree, almost exactly 12 years ago...Guess I'm one of those "characters"!

He-he!! binx
Ron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ron »

Heck the town I live in her in central Wisconsin is an over conservative place but I plan on wearing a kaftan out in public as much as possible this summer.

yes I will let everyone know how it goes
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

KiltedFox wrote:OK...I lurk here occasionally. I *finally* registered here...just so I could post a reply to this one. The place you are in is only as conservative as you let it be. I'm in the *Army* (US). We still have a "straights-only" mindset. a guy with long hair or earrings - automatically an outsider. The military (again, US. I can't speak for the experience in other countries) is, in my opinion, likely the biggest collection of blatant homophobes there is (note that I'm not commenting on the policirs, just the behavior of individuals), disregarding uber-conservative groups, ecpecially when we are in a country where the virtually the only other Americans we see are each other.

Do I let that stop me from wearing my Utilikilts, on and off base, in South Korea??
HELL NO!
Jesus, I don't even own any pants other that my uniforms. I've been called to task about my attire by peopke who outrank my boss's bosses (and valiantly argued - and won - my right to wear my Utili's).
I've even started a trend. Several of the guys in my unit have purchases kilts since I've come to my unit.
So **** 'em! Wear what you please. Damn the man. Save the empire!

~The Kilted Fox~
http://www.kiltedfox.com

Great intro post, Kilted Fox! You brought to mind a Goethe quote I spotted on a magnet for sale in a checkout line- "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." I am glad you are that somebody that showed the other guys it was okay to wear kilts.

Ron, I'd be pleased to hear you've started the same trend for caftans in your area.

Quiet Mouse