Costco skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Costco skirt

Post by Bertino56 »

Mondetta active woven skirt, $9.99 in my local Costco.
https://www.costco.com/.product.100806445.html
Cool, comfortable, go-anywhere, elastic waist with a
drawstring, useful pocket on each side. Comes in rust,
olive, and grey (I have the first two).
Along with the S.C. & Co. skorts I just bought at Costco,
I figure on getting a lot of enjoyable wear at tiny prices.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Costco skirt

Post by Faldaguy »

Just checked, available online too, but at $12 each -- and $20.00 off if you buy 5 or more items -- a bargain indeed.

Bertino, what size and waist measurement did you get -- their sizing chart is generic. Enough give for unimpeded stride?

I'll check to see if we have similar at our local Pricesmart (Costco products) but the online offer makes it easy to have something new waiting on our next trip north!
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

Costco is ubiquitous in U.S. and, last I checked, has 29 "warehouses" in U.K.
In the U.S., the merchandise is pretty much the same in every store.
@Faldaguy, I got one Large, and one XL. (They both work just fine, slight
preference for the XL.) My waist is 37-38" so I'm always hung-up halfway
between L and XL. Usual skirt size is 16.
Purchased in Central Point, Oregon. Price was $9.99, which was I believe a
$2.00 discount. Costco often marks down prices on "special." Very hot
weather here, finally, after a drippy, drizzly spring, so these skirts are
really comfortable! Plenty of unimpeded stride. Above my knees, but not mini.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Bertino56 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:19 am

Costco is ubiquitous in U.S. Faldaguy, I got one Large, and one XL. (They both work just fine, slight
preference for the XL.) My waist is 37-38" so I'm always hung-up halfway
between L and XL. Usual skirt size is 16.
Purchased in Central Point, Oregon.
Wow, when did Central Point grow up? A Costco of their own! And why did I not bump into another skirt wearing chap while there? Lived in the Rogue Valley quite a few years -- Ashland, Talent, 'Eagle Point'....in fact we still have a piece of land between EP and SC that helps pay the bills. Anyway, I looked up Pricesmart here (A Costco derivative) but Mondetta gives me only a hoodie; and s search for skirts gets two plus a bunch of short pants! OK, next trip north....
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

I love Costco! I'll check those out. I just got 2 pairs of these skorts at Sam's Club (Walmart version of Costco) for only $7 each: https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-makr ... od26850119

They are so soft and stretchy! The inner shorts are very loose and the material is soft as well. I may take a pair of scissors to the bottom of the liner to convert it to a skirt with built-in slip. :)
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Costco dress

Post by Bertino56 »

Costco has brought back the 32 Degrees soft-lux dress I mentioned last year.
But, besides the "little black dress," they have added two colors I call
"reddish" and "bluish." And the price has dropped to $9.99.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/45/c0 ... aad632.png
And the S. C. & Co. skorts I liked last year are in the stores, with some additional
colors and patterns, probably too "floral" for me.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

My wife and daughter swear by these: https://www.costco.com/32-degrees-ladie ... 32126.html

The dress looks comfy but I can't see it working on me with wide shoulders & being tall.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Skorts, (bifurcated); not skirts -- often worse for comfort than pants. Why make 'fake' skirts or camouflaged pants? Silly -- purely part of the dictated 'fashion trend' the genders must adhere to.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Faldaguy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:18 am Skorts, (bifurcated); not skirts -- often worse for comfort than pants. Why make 'fake' skirts or camouflaged pants? Silly -- purely part of the dictated 'fashion trend' the genders must adhere to.
But skorts are easily repaired with a pair of scissors. I've fixed a number of them.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Faldaguy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:18 am Skorts, (bifurcated); not skirts -- often worse for comfort than pants. Why make 'fake' skirts or camouflaged pants? Silly -- purely part of the dictated 'fashion trend' the genders must adhere to.
There's two kinds of skorts...one looks like a skirt in front and shorts in back ("scooter"), the other is a normal skirt with internal shorts.

Depending on how the fit of the shorts are they can be quite comfortable/practical. If I find the kind with shorts that are very loose it saves me the hassle of wearing a slip or something else underneath. The under-shorts are easily removed with a pair of scissors if desired.