My first skirts are here

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
russ272

My first skirts are here

Post by russ272 »

...And I am very pleased with them....A khaki from...Chic Classic Collection....and a Romwe Womens flared casual Mini Skaters......I should have done this years ago....so very comfortable
New-in-Skirts

Re: My first skirts are here

Post by New-in-Skirts »

Now get out there and conquer the world. Then have fun wearing your skirts.
bretthov

Post by bretthov »

great - happy for you to get the skirts! I also got a few kilts and two skirts in the past month and enjoying wearing mine. like the comment above, wish I had taken the plunge sooner!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Enjoy, I think that we all agree with the sentiments. I wish that I'd done this years ago but then I didn't have this cafe to encourage and guide me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
bretthov

Post by bretthov »

my first kilt came in and wore it to drugstore to pick up a few things this morning. a few stares, but no comments made to me. I am sure that I felt more self conscious and aware than the rest of the customers. I was scared to death, but at same time felt very freeing. Odd combination of emotion, but all part of getting more comfortable wearing skirts out in public I am guessing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Congratulations. You've got your first excursion over. Of course you felt nervous and self-conscious. I wouldn't have expected anything less. But. Your baptism is over and done with. You'll still need your courage for a while yet as it hasn't really sunk into your psyche yet. It will get easier with each excursion and your hyper-sensitivity will decrease. Keep on skirting. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

russ272 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:20 pm ......I should have done this years ago
A sentiment so many of us share.
You will think the same after going out in public a few times .......... very few people notice and no-one cares.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

russ272 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:20 pm ...I should have done this years ago....so very comfortable
Better late then never.
I wish You a lot of courage.
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Late is always better than too late. Now you have taken the plunge, but don't wait too long for your next outing. Until you have got accustomed to be around in a skirt, you might feel vulnerable - and without reason.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Diana104

Post by Diana104 »

First time this week out in a skirt. Went to CVS after a few drinks (helped with the courage). No comments, not sure if any looks. Next day felt emboldened and went to fruit store for OJ. Couple of looks by cashier but no comment and treated appropriately. Then headed to the Auto train to head north feeling confident. First time in a large crowd. Again no comments, a couple of stares but felt “comfortable”. What a liberating experience!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Some of those with the "stares" are probably wondering why couldn't I wear what he is wearing !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !