Colourful skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
steamman

Colourful skirts

Post by steamman »

Does anyone else like wearing skirts awash with colour?

I just bought this beauty from Ebay:
s-l1600.jpg
This is a big departure from my usual dark, solid coloured skirts, but something just connected me to it!
I knew I had to have it and I can't wait to wear it. I'll team it with some strappy stiletto sandals.
Hope
Distinguished Member

Re: Colourful skirts

Post by Hope »

steamman wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:24 pm Does anyone else like wearing skirts awash with colour?
. I'll team it with some strappy stiletto sandals.
It would be a very nice look!

I have one colored over the knee skirt, but it's very very girly so I don't wear it so often. Also it needs to have tanned bare legs, so it's mainly for summer time.
Very often, those skirts are made in very comfortable fabrics so they are very pleasant to wear.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

That is a nice combinarion of colours.

I have a couple of colourful skirts, of the mini variety. One cheerful number I bought that I liked the look of with the prospect that it wouldn't fit ....... it did fit and is a lot of fun.
steamman wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:24 pm I knew I had to have it and I can't wait to wear it.
I know, I know the feeling.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

steamman wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:24 pm Does anyone else like wearing skirts awash with colour?

I just bought this beauty from Ebay:

s-l1600.jpg

I have very few patterned skirts, if you discount tartan, but I really like this one. It’s striking and looks like it will be extremely cool for the summer. In both senses of the word.
:roll:
Hope
Distinguished Member

Post by Hope »

I just try this one a few minutes ago. It comes from Maison Margiela.

<a href="https://www.casimages.com/v/OwoTJb-VID- ... 1.mp4.html" title="hebergeur de vidéos">Lien vers ma vidéo</a>

I really love it, but it's not affordable for me. I love the movement and the holographic effects when I walk with it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Colourful skirts are one of life's great joys and need to be appreciated more. Colour-shifting ones are even more amazing. It's a pity they're getting rare.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

crfriend wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:31 pm Colourful skirts are one of life's great joys and need to be appreciated more. Colour-shifting ones are even more amazing. It's a pity they're getting rare.
I was lucky enough to get the material to make one. the colour alternates between deep brown and dark blue, depending on the angle you look at it. I've never worn it because every colour of top that I have will clash with one or the other colour.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:32 pmI was lucky enough to get the material to make one. the colour alternates between deep brown and dark blue, depending on the angle you look at it. I've never worn it because every colour of top that I have will clash with one or the other colour.
Try either hot white or dark black. Both are monochromatic and go with anything. I hope you still have the skirt.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

crfriend wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:17 pm
pelmut wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:32 pmI was lucky enough to get the material to make one. the colour alternates between deep brown and dark blue, depending on the angle you look at it. I've never worn it because every colour of top that I have will clash with one or the other colour.
Try either hot white or dark black. Both are monochromatic and go with anything. I hope you still have the skirt.
Black doesn't work with that shade of brown, but white or cream might.  I've always avoided white because it is difficult to keep clean, now I'll have to get something white to try it.  The skirt is rolled up in a moth-proof bag awaiting the inspiration and the opportunity to wear it.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Hope: that skirt has a special color pattern. Quite beautiful but obviously not to wear with anything, warm or neutral colors are probably required to wear with. Why not affordable?

Pelmut: I agree with crfriend, white or black are fine with most colors. (For my first public skirted walk, I wore a white shirt to fit with my green skirt but also with the red pant I had to switch from/to for silly reasons.) You can also try gray or blue, actually I often see them combined with all common colors without being ugly.
A pic of the skirt pleeease! <eyes of imploring dog>
Hope
Distinguished Member

Post by Hope »

Spirou003 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:18 pm Hope: that skirt has a special color pattern. Quite beautiful but obviously not to wear with anything, warm or neutral colors are probably required to wear with. Why not affordable?
Well, I have this try in an outlet store, (in Luxembourg, not so far from Charleroi) as it was last year collection, but the price was 390 € (I'm afraid the standard price is over 700€). I must admit that the furniture and finish are very nice and well done, but I will never put this amount in a skirt.
Hope
Distinguished Member

Post by Hope »

Today I chose a light and comfy colorful skirt to drive from East to West of France

pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Spirou003 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:18 pm ...A pic of the skirt pleeease! <eyes of imploring dog>
Oh all right then:
Multicolour6535.jpg
No change in the lighting, just the direction it was photographed.  When it is the right way up and hangs in folds, the colours ripple around the folds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

As Carl said, being able to wear bright colors is one of the joys of skirting.

I especially like that first, bright blue skirt.

Then again, the various shades of blue and red are my favorite colors.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Yes, the first skirt is very beautiful but I think actually I could not wear it in public (maybe later). By seeing it again I'm thinking, is it longer in the back than in the front (or in one side than the other one)? In the photo I have that feeling. I think I would love it!

Pelmut: I didn't expected it. I was rather thinking about some coloured pleated skirt. By seeing your pics the effect you describe seems lightweight, maybe it is more visible when looking physically at the skirt?
Anyway, it seems to be a very pleasant skirt to wear and very confortable. If you did it yourself, congratulations, it looks nice ;)