Postive Wife Support

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Postive Wife Support

Post by skirtyscot »

jamesy wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:34 am Yet another conversion with my wife about me in skirts.

Apparently she is ok with me wearing them providing I don't wear one she would wear? :o

Seems fair enough to me. You're a man in a skirt, not a woman, so she wants to keep a small divide between what you wear and what she wears. And she doesn't want you encroaching on her fashion space, cramping her style.

So long as she doesn't use "what I would wear" too widely, to stop you wearing skirts that you like.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Faldaguy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:22 am... only time I found a conflict was once we were in a store with a close out on some skirts -- we found a lovely one in her size and a matching one in mine -- I proposed buying both, but she did not want to match on the street--she got the new skirt. Looks good on her but I think we would have made a nice matched set.

No, no, and thrice no! His'n'hers matching outfits are terrible at the best of times, but in skirts? That would just look weird.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

His'n'hers matching outfits are terrible at the best of times, but in skirts? That would just look weird.

Who are we to say that anything anyone else wears is weird?

I don't think that couples who dress to match look weird. Even at their worst, such outfits show the couple is very connected. if I were involved with a women I'd get a real kick out of wearing matching outfits.

Heck, I've speculated on what would happen if such a lady and I went to a party with identical looks and tried to pass as one another!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Since furloughed in March I have worn a different skirt every day all day. MOH has said, and she is convinced, that I will continue to wear a skirt around the house when it all finishes. She has only winged once when I went out of the door to look at something. She may be right about me continuing to wear a skirt more often but I suppose I will have to wear shorts/trousers at home sometimes.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I didn't plan on it this way but I have worn a skirt all day every day for about a month and usually do when at home anyway.

The only times I have changed and worn shorts have been if I go where people know me such as the pharmacy. I can hardly wait to discard the shorts and get back into my skirt.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

The only times I have changed and worn shorts have been if I go where people know me such as the pharmacy. I can hardly wait to discard the shorts and get back into my skirt.

If you hate the shorts so much, why do you change into them at all to run your errands? What do you think is going to happen to you if people who know you see you in your skirt? Haven't you read the other posts where so many of us relate where we went with who when nothing ontoward happened and when very often something unexpectedly good happened?

Man up and wear your skirts with pride! Trust me, nothing bad will happen.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:05 pm I didn't plan on it this way but I have worn a skirt all day every day for about a month and usually do when at home anyway.

Maybe time to introduce your friends and acquaintances to the skirted life? I doubt they're going to care... Only time I've worn shorts in the past few years is when I've been doing really grungy work, like car repair, or setting flagstones for a patio, etc...
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I've got to repeat myself and echo all the others on this site that say, just do it -- nothing will change except your satisfaction. But hey -- this is a perfect time -- a bunch of new 'excuses or explanation' if you want to have one ready:

"Heck will all this lock-down time sitting around in a bathrobe I just couldn't stand the notion of pants again--this (skirt/dress) is so much nicer; comfortable and FUN too!" Now they will have to back down!

But, the reality is, you are the only one really sweating over it. Get free!
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

My wife has until now generally been unhappy to go out with me whilst I'm wearing a skirt or kilt. However a couple of times recently we have gone on a local walk with me skirted, and she didn't even suggest that I ought to change into trousers or shorts first. We saw a few people both times, and fortunately no-one seem to react over my dress, which would have probably made her more "anti". So whilst I not claiming that I'm getting positive support, at least her views are becoming more neutral on the matter.

John
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

What to wear during lockdown: I have been wearing skirts every day during the quarantine. I can't imagine wearing anything else during this time. We go out for walks and see people walking their dogs in the evening. Most of the time I wear skirts that resemble shorts as much as possible. Lately I have been wearing very light weight A line skirts above the knees. I would hate to be stuck in this situation by wearing pants or shorts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Not sure that MOH is any more for my skirts but she should be a lot more used to them as I have been wearing them all day, every day since lock down. At the rate she has been feeding me I need to see which black trousers I still fit into ready for going back to work.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

I've been skirted daily since our lockdown began, exercise walks with my wife and shopping expeditions included. To test the water, for four or five days I put on a knee-length denim skirt that she'd previously grumbled about (though I never understood why, since it's well established that denim skirts are invisible) -- and yet I heard not a murmur about it. So in the end I asked her, and she said: "I thought it was making you happy, so I didn't say anything".
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

MOH had a rant about my wearing a skirt every day. So I guess nothing has changed and she is just tolerant.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

My wife says she's now getting used to seeing me in a skirt all the time, though she still objects to my two denim skirts -- she thinks they make me look like a drag act. So I'm having to revise my notions of what's invisible. She does like the one in my picture -- a Lightenup walking skirt by elkline.de which I have been more or less living during the past week's warm weather (hence the rumpled look). However, out for another walk in the woods yesterday, we had just passed in silence a family with two toddlers when we heard the little girl squeal from behind us: "That man's wearing a dress!"

Awareness of these matters evidently begins at a very young age...
410202095115.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

geron wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:15 am My wife says she's now getting used to seeing me in a skirt all the time, though she still objects to my two denim skirts -- she thinks they make me look like a drag act. So I'm having to revise my notions of what's invisible. She does like the one in my picture -- a Lightenup walking skirt by elkline.de which I have been more or less living during the past week's warm weather (hence the rumpled look). However, out for another walk in the woods yesterday, we had just passed in silence a family with two toddlers when we heard the little girl squeal from behind us: "That man's wearing a dress!"

Awareness of these matters evidently begins at a very young age...
410202095115.jpg
I guess that due to the style and thus resembles a utility kilt it's more acceptable for your wife.