I enjoy being different

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

I enjoy being different

Post by weeladdie18 »

The female staff of our local super market have a choice of black pencil skirt below the knee or black trousers as part of their uniform.
The skirted female staff are in a minority....
I like to see a lassie traditionally dressed in her traditional skirt as part of her uniform..

Yesterday one of the female staff who is in a minority as she wears a skirt ,greeted me with a big smile .... I said ..." You look very smart today ""
" I always like to look smart " ..she replied... I responded with the comment ...." I like your little skirt "
Her reply was " Thank you very much ...I enjoy being different " .....She then continued..." You look very smart in your skirt today .."
We both had a good laugh.

The point I am making is the use of the English Language and the fact that both the male and the female " enjoy " dressing in attire which is different.
This gives the individual a certain form of "Buzz "...This experience is the theme of my other thread ...Flying Round The World .....

Thoughts on why men enjoy wearing skirts are complex....The experience is a form of happiness and contentment.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I enjoy being different

Post by dillon »

My wife and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary over these days. We went to a fine dinner at a restaurant in Wilmington, on a dock over the Cape Fear River. I was skirted. But tomorrow we will go to a locally famed restaurant in Eastern NC, but I will wear trousers, for her relief. All of life is a game of give and take. I am grateful for her acceptance; the least I can do is to allow her a dining experience where I am her image of a husband. If it was not in the town where she works, I would be in a skirt. But it's an easy-enough way of thanking her.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

That is the only right thing to do!! Good for you!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Happy anniversary Life is always a compromise Enjoy the dinner
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Congrats on the 30 years! And yes give and take is the name of the game.