Skirts in front of alot of people

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Was down at Sydney last week at a large event, wore my dark green kilt for the 11 hour drive down, and the same night at the opening for the event, not one comment, and I only recall one second look, before we were about to head inside while I was waiting for my wife who was using the ladies facilities.

The only comment received was from the owner of the AirBNB place we stayed at when we arrived, she said sounding VERY surprised "What are you wearing"? I told her, then she said "Why" to which I answered, and I don't think she had anything else to say on the matter (maybe couldn't think of anything else).
Never saw her again the entire time we were there so I don't know what was going on there.
Skaterswaltz

Post by Skaterswaltz »

Apart from the two young lasses at the counter, who giggled, not a flicker from the many down there. All shapes and sizes of good people, the tattooed and the plain skinned, the large and the small. Tumble dry and fold. All change and out again.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

How about over 4 hours on a public golf course . My group was right behind a group with 2 ladies . They were also wearing skirts. I kept on noticing glances from them I wonder what they were thinking.

When I first started wearing skirts I always gave myself an out to slip away if the situation got uncomfortable. Ain't no way to slip away when you are out in the middle of a course.

My biggest concern was when I was teeing off. There is always a group around and I had to make sure I had a decent shot. Didn't want them saying "Dressed like a lady hits like a lady" :lol: :lol: :lol:
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

oldsalt1 wrote:How about over 4 hours on a public golf course . My group was right behind a group with 2 ladies . They were also wearing skirts. I kept on noticing glances from them I wonder what they were thinking.

When I first started wearing skirts I always gave myself an out to slip away if the situation got uncomfortable. Ain't no way to slip away when you are out in the middle of a course.

My biggest concern was when I was teeing off. There is always a group around and I had to make sure I had a decent shot. Didn't want them saying "Dressed like a lady hits like a lady" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wearing a skirt does not entitle one to play from the RED tees (ladies).

And I thought there would be a problem here bending over (ah er squatting) to tee the ball and getting the ball out of the cup.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I have worn regular skirts and that would be a problem but this was a golf skort
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

Around 1990 I was overnighting in Swindon England one winters night in my large truck ,across the road was a pub , I just thought sod it ,this it and put a black knee length skirt on and some black thick tights that my wife had bought me to wear under my work trousers , also some black boots and a ladies top under my Jacket , going over the road a young couple made a comment to each other but only in passing , in the pub it seemed that my skirt was not noticed by some , but as most of the ladies smiled ,some of the older men looked offended and some of the younger looked aroused ! a nice couple asked me to sit with them and I removed my Jacket ,the woman said wow your bum looks so good in that skirt and asked me lots of questions ,did I have girls undies on ect ect , It seemed like the husband wanted to wear girls stuff or the wife wanted him to try it , at the bar I ordered a Carling beer , and one Joker remarked ``Carling darling `` I am not gay and even if I was I would not fancy this pillock I said to the barmaid , she said ignore him he just cannot stop himself looking at skirts . later I got angry looks from an old boy at the bus stop , nothing in the take away at all and some cheers from young lads in a passing car as I went back to the truck , so a nice time in all
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

For the most part people are to busy to notice,
If u have flashing lights and neon sign to stand out that's another thing,

But simple black skirt knee to ankle don't get noticed.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Chirp wrote: If u have flashing lights and neon sign to stand out that's another thing,
I always thought that a pink tutu would do the trick but flashing lights for sure.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

My wife and I went out for lunch in a crowded restaurant and then went to see Lion King. I sure didn't hide the fact that I was wearing a skirt and was very comfortable the whole time.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I have a few golf skorts and removed the inner shorts. I like them as they allow a lot of freedom, have an elastic waist, and oh yeah, nice pockets too.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

6ft3Aussie wrote:Was down at Sydney last week at a large event, wore my dark green kilt for the 11 hour drive down, and the same night at the opening for the event, not one comment, and I only recall one second look, before we were about to head inside while I was waiting for my wife who was using the ladies facilities.
I was house minding in Sydney for 2 weeks and wore mini skirts all the time, as with your experience; hardly any reaction and no comments
6ft3Aussie wrote:The only comment received was from the owner of the AirBNB place we stayed at when we arrived, she said sounding VERY surprised "What are you wearing"? I told her, then she said "Why" to which I answered, and I don't think she had anything else to say on the matter (maybe couldn't think of anything else).
Never saw her again the entire time we were there so I don't know what was going on there.
I think she was very rude, especially to ask "Why?".
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

It amused me one evening in Grantham England when a women in trousers made a comment about me saying to her friend ``that bloke has got a skirt on`` her friend just said `` well , we wear trousers `` they both shrugged and carried on with their chat .
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I found skirt hangers with clips or hooks in Wilco Stores in the U.K. ...I hang up my heavy Kilts on three wooden hangers. The Light wire clip hangers
are good for summer skirts.
I can put the hangers on Argos display stands which are mounted on castors. Plastic dust covers can be supplied for these stands . Will probably hold 10 skirts.

This post is a reply to Denimini and his washing line.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:I have a few golf skorts and removed the inner shorts. I like them as they allow a lot of freedom, have an elastic waist, and oh yeah, nice pockets too.
Are these golf skorts long or short ? .....I have been wearing summer skirts and had to wear my Knee length shorts ....
really uncomfortable with material between my legs.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

TO: Weeladdie 18

I like all of my skirts and kilts to the top of my knees. Any shorter would be awkward for sitting. I am careful getting in and out of a car, sitting in a restaurant, etc. Skorts are at that length and I remove the inner shorts. It would be awkward to bend over to pick up a golf ball. I don't go "commando." I think golf skirts would be very comfortable for men to wear golfing except for bending over. Someone should design golf ball tongs. A lot of people have difficulty picking up a golf ball regardless of what they were wearing.