Skirts in front of alot of people

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts in front of alot of people

Post by dillon »

JeffB1959 wrote:Hmm! I’ve never golfed before, but I’d be willing to give it a try, mainly for the chance to wear a cute skirt or skort! :lol:
I golfed once. I hit a 69. But i got better with each hole after that. :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Had golf shoved down my throat as a teenager &c by both parents, avid and successful golfers. No talent for it. Play only occasionally and have yet to score a 69 on one hole!
My best story is on a very sunny Sunday in Germany playing a game with a colleague (equally talented) and we'd lost all our balls by the 14th hole, Pro shop closed, so we retired to the clubhouse terrace, ordered two large frothy beers and laughed our heads off.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Kirbstone wrote:Had golf shoved down my throat as a teenager &c by both parents, avid and successful golfers. No talent for it. Play only occasionally and have yet to score a 69 on one hole!
My best story is on a very sunny Sunday in Germany playing a game with a colleague (equally talented) and we'd lost all our balls by the 14th hole, Pro shop closed, so we retired to the clubhouse terrace, ordered two large frothy beers and laughed our heads off.

Tom
Sounds like the best day of golf ever recorded. Except I don't think two beers were nearly enough!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

dillon wrote:
JeffB1959 wrote:Hmm! I’ve never golfed before, but I’d be willing to give it a try, mainly for the chance to wear a cute skirt or skort! :lol:
I golfed once. I hit a 69. But i got better with each hole after that. :lol:
sounds like my first and only time golfing. I still don't know what my final score would have been as right after the second hole it started to thunder and hail with rain. We beat a hasty retreat to the club house. I have never tried golf again.... :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
jjjjohanne

Post by jjjjohanne »

The most people I ever wore a skirt in front of was at a rather busy airport. After landing from my first leg of my trip, I changed into a skirt. I started walking to my connecting flight. I was very nervous. This was a BIG new first for me. There were literally thousands of people walking past me as I walked toward my concourse. I was so self conscious! I felt like every one of them were looking at me. Many of them were. There were a lot of people walking in both directions, but I felt like I got enough attention to resemble walking alone and facing so many people.

I have done this since then. These days, there is less of a reaction. It is no longer new to see a man in women's clothes (in some form or another) in public or on television.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

That's a major accomplishment but think you will never see any of those people again I hope that you kept your skirt on for the next flight.
how did that feel .

I have never taken a flight in a skirt but I have been in and out of the airport picking up people
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I fly in skirts all of the time and it is no big deal. I have been in airports in Atlanta, Denver, Omaha and Charlotte. I have had no problems with security because of wearing a skirt. So keep traveling skirted.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Went to a NY Islander hockey game tonight attendance was about 12,000
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skirted Geoff

Post by Skirted Geoff »

I recently flew from Stansted airport UK wearing a mini denim skirt. Long security queue, nobody said anything, I could tell a few folk hadn't noticed, despite looping round, a few double takes. I had be searched at security I think button on skirt was detected. Guard didn't really know how far to go, but again said nothing. It was very freeing on plane and journey. I have no idea how many men were there but I believe I was only one wearing a skirt.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Geoff, Mentioning Stanstead, you didn't say where you were flying to.

Some years ago I worked in Germany and before boarding a plane to Bremen I had a bite to eat at one of the outlets in that Terminal. There I spied a real transvestite tall youth in a miniskirt suit, tights and platform shoes. He had difficulty walking on those platforms, which drew my attention.

No, I wasn't skirted at the time.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
jjjjohanne

Post by jjjjohanne »

The most people I have ever been seen by while wearing a skirt were people at the airport. I was walking a LONG way to my gate. Several planes must have de-boarded, because I think 1000 people were walking in the opposite direction. I was nervous, and I felt like every one of them looked at me. But, you know what, they kept moving, and so did I. Nothing unpleasant happened. I have flown in a skirt several more times since then. I was able to be in a mass of people while walking in the concourse, so opposing traffic seemed to overlook me. (or my outfit made me blend in better... I don't know...)
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I just flew back from Vegas with a skirt on. It was a black denim skirt from Old Navy with a front slit. Looks a lot like shorts. I didn’t hear any comments. I just did my thing and in my mind I believed nobody noticed. Although possibly the guy across the aisle may have. Since you could see my legs in the slit and I thought I caught him looking at them occasionally.

Traveling in a skirt is so comfortable. Especially when you have the at belt on.

When I arrived at my destination, I went into one of those companion restrooms and changed into jeans for the cold ride home!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have flown into and out of many air ports, Atlanta, GA, Columbia, SC, Denver, CO, Omaha, MO, Salisbury, NC, Augusta, GA and more all wearing a skirt including to and from the airport in public transportation.
So I have been seen by more people than I can count and no problems or incidents occurred.
skirtedbrit
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedbrit »

I too have flown a number of times skirted and not had a problem. Norway, Sweden and a flight change in Copenhagen with no worries.
Just before Covid struck we were planning a holiday in arctic Norway which would have involved several flights in the far north, not at all worrying.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

jjjjohanne wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:13 pm I have flown in a skirt several more times since then.
I would probably be happy to fly in a skirt, but not a kilt. I once took an internal UK flight in a Scottish kilt, and it was a hassle: going through the metal detector I had to remove the belt and the sporran and then put them on again the other side. I think I got away with the kilt pin. (I wasn't so stupid as to try and take a sgian dubh on a plane!)