A nice conversation and interesting incident :-)

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

A nice conversation and interesting incident :-)

Post by Kilted Musician »

A while back I went to my local coffeehouse for my usual coffee and pastry [almost like a Sunday ritual] and talked with some friends who know I wear kilts and skirts. A friend said, "I see you're wearing a kilt." "Nope. It's one of my skirts," I said with a smile. My friend Christina said, "Why not!" To use the phrase someone here on the forum came up with, I said, "I was thinking about it and realized that in biblical times, no one wore pants." She looked at me, paused for a bit, and said with a smile, "You're right!" :) So... here we are, talking about guys wearing skirts. I'm standing up, my friends are sitting at the table, when all of a sudden, my friend's dog came up from behind, stuck his nose up my skirt, and did what dogs usually do! Christina said I had the most surprised look on my face! :shock: Not surprised! Too bad I couldn't get a pic of my face!

--Rick
eightofnine

Re: A nice conversation and interesting incident :-)

Post by eightofnine »

I was in Greece doing a tour the first Olympic games site and an Olive farm in the afternoon .I was wandering around the olive farm and came across a dog who did the very same thing .Thankfully no one was around to see it .
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Kilted Musician wrote:A while back I went to my local coffeehouse for my usual coffee and pastry [almost like a Sunday ritual] and talked with some friends who know I wear kilts and skirts. A friend said, "I see you're wearing a kilt." "Nope. It's one of my skirts," I said with a smile. My friend Christina said, "Why not!" To use the phrase someone here on the forum came up with, I said, "I was thinking about it and realized that in biblical times, no one wore pants." She looked at me, paused for a bit, and said with a smile, "You're right!" :) So... here we are, talking about guys wearing skirts. I'm standing up, my friends are sitting at the table, when all of a sudden, my friend's dog came up from behind, stuck his nose up my skirt, and did what dogs usually do! Christina said I had the most surprised look on my face! :shock: Not surprised! Too bad I couldn't get a pic of my face!

--Rick
grand!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I have read about a similar incident a while ago and since have been wary of strange dogs with wet noses, saying "Git!" when they come too close.
This seems to be one of the few disadvantages to be marked down for short skirts.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I wonder if the dog's owner has such liberties taken when wearing a skirt/dress.
Just checking to see if you are the same one that feeds; walks me and has that familiar smell down there.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Off the subject

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Off the subject, sorry but I didn't know where to post this, or whether is in violation of the rules.

The subject is thigh rub and chafing. Take a look at Jockey "Skimmies." They are sort of half panty hose and half underwear, although I often wear both under a skirt. If you have a problem with thigh chafing, these are good preventions. They are also good to help hold up stockings. I wear Skimmies when walking for more than a half mile. I often hike several miles in a day. No more burned thighs from rubbing. I am sure there are similar products in other brands.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Gusto10 wrote:
Kilted Musician wrote:A while back I went to my local coffeehouse for my usual coffee and pastry [almost like a Sunday ritual] and talked with some friends who know I wear kilts and skirts. A friend said, "I see you're wearing a kilt." "Nope. It's one of my skirts," I said with a smile. My friend Christina said, "Why not!" To use the phrase someone here on the forum came up with, I said, "I was thinking about it and realized that in biblical times, no one wore pants." She looked at me, paused for a bit, and said with a smile, "You're right!" :) So... here we are, talking about guys wearing skirts. I'm standing up, my friends are sitting at the table, when all of a sudden, my friend's dog came up from behind, stuck his nose up my skirt, and did what dogs usually do! Christina said I had the most surprised look on my face! :shock: Not surprised! Too bad I couldn't get a pic of my face!

--Rick
grand!
I haven't been that surprised in a long time!
--Rick
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

eightofnine wrote:I was in Greece doing a tour the first Olympic games site and an Olive farm in the afternoon .I was wandering around the olive farm and came across a dog who did the very same thing .Thankfully no one was around to see it .
Besides my friends who saw this, there were some people sitting inside by the window who probably got an eye full! :lol:

--Rick
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

r.m.anderson wrote:I wonder if the dog's owner has such liberties taken when wearing a skirt/dress.
Just checking to see if you are the same one that feeds; walks me and has that familiar smell down there.
Ha! My friend and his wife own Bruce, the dog and whenever Bruce sees me, he gets excited because he knows I'll scratch his back and rub his belly!
The best that came from all of this... all of my friends, all of the people in the coffeeshop, and the people at the farmer's market across the street have seen me in various skirts and don't mind a bit. My friend Christina summed it up... "Wear what you want. As long as you're happy, that's what matters!"

--Rick
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

denimini wrote:I have read about a similar incident a while ago and since have been wary of strange dogs with wet noses, saying "Git!" when they come too close.
This seems to be one of the few disadvantages to be marked down for short skirts.
Bruce, the dog, isn't a strange dog to me [maybe slightly perverted!]. I've known him for about 4 years and worn a variety of skirts around him. Maybe it was just "Spring fever!"

--Rick